Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween Week 2014

Wow, what a week. It was fun, crazy, and just wonderful.  We kicked off the food festivities  on Sunday. We had to keep it simple because I had Young Women in Excellence that night. With simpleness in mind we had Worms on a Bun. It was really good of course. All it is, is hotdogs cut in quarters, boiled, then smothered in BBQ Sauce. It is delicious.

Worms on a Bun.
 Monday we enjoyed Snake Bite Calzones. This one was one of my favorites  because Kylee got to help "paint" the snake. It was very tasty and fun to make. I had some extra dough leftover from the snake so I also made some "bones." I have wanted to try it for a few years now, and it was fun. More time consuming than I thought but still fun. Other than dinner, we just finished up the October Friend  for Family Home Evening, and Gaupo and I watched Earnest Scared Stupid.

Kylee painting.

Our Snake.

Tuesday, was kind of crazy because Guapo has to work at night, so once again we did something simple. We made Jack-O-Lantern Turkey Burgers.  They were actually really good and my kids LOVED them. I even got Kylee to eat on for leftovers at lunch the next day. It was really simple but really good. I think that other than the food Tuesday was pretty normal. That morning we also made pancakes in the shape of pumpkins and made jello worms.

Pumpkin shaped pancakes.

Jello Worms.

Jack-O-Lantern Turkey burgers.
Wednesday was the Library's trick-or-treat Storytime. I dressed the girl's up. Tia went as a ballerina and Kylee went as a princess, but she just wore a different crown than she normally does. (yes, Kylee wears a crown everyday almost all day) She was already wearing her favorite skirt, so I didn't think she would change, but it was still fun. So, we went to storytime and listened to some books, did a couple of rhymes, and then 'paraded' our the library and over to the city offices where they have some of the staff out with candy and they let the kids walk around and go trick-or-treating. It was really fun and Kylee did good. Although, at one lady instead of saying trick-or-treat she said "I need more candy." I was kind of embarrassed, but the lady just said, "I think we can help with that," and laughed. That night we had Chilli Filled Coffin. This one was actually really fun, but I did cheat I used a cornbread mix and cans of Chilli. It was very tasty and fun. That night I had a stake combined beehive activity. They played get-to-know-you games and had a blast.

Chilli filled Coffin.
Thursday, we had Mummies and Moldy Dressing. I think this was probably my favorite meal of the week. It was just really tasty. It was time consuming to roll all the "mummies" but it was good. These "mummies" had black beans, corn, cilantro, green chili, and some spices in them. It was really good. That night we watched Hocus Pocus which I have to say is probably the creepiest Halloween movie we have.

Mummies and Moldy Dressing.
Friday was fun. We had Trick-Or-Treat turnovers for dinner, and made "homemade rootbeer." I took the girls trick-or-treating to our neighbors homes and everyone really enjoyed seeing them. Gaupo was supposed to take them, but Friday morning I found standing water in my dishwasher, so he was working on trying to fix it. He worked on it by himself until about 8 and then our friend Bro. B came over till about 9 and the verdict came to we need a new dishwasher. Well, by the time we got everything cleaned up, it was late. Gaupo was working on closing and so we didn't watch our Halloween movie, we just went to bed. At least I did, Gaupo still had to finish closing.

Trick-Or-Treat Turnovers.

Kylee playing in the smoke of dry ice.

All dressed up for trick-or-treating.
Saturday was jam packed. Gaupo prepped a lot of the yard for winter. I took Kylee and found a dishwasher. We went to the scratch and dent store here in town. I like going there because they will actually negotiate with you. So, I went in thinking I would just get a cheap dishwasher, but as I was shopping I decided to get a nicer one. It is black on the outside, stainless steel interior, with top controls. At this point I don't know how it works, but it looks great. On Saturday, Gaupo and Bro. B also took a look at the brakes on the Honda. They are all fine. They have been kind of squeaky so we checked it out. That afternoon, we did dishes, figured out a way to take out the dishwasher and still have hot water in the sink, and went to a quinceanera. Going to the quinceanera was really interesting. There was delicious Mexican food, and then they did the traditional things like father-daughter dance, changing of the shoes, first drink of "Champagne," Sparkling Cider in this case, presentation of the doll, and then a couple of dances that we couldn't stay for. I was very fascinated and had a great time.

Sunday we kicked fall off with our Autumn Casserole, church, and daylight savings time ending. It was a really great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment