Tuesday, April 14, 2015

3 Kids Trial Run and Excercise

I know three kids comes first in the title but I am going to do my exercise thought first. So, recently I have noticed that if you want your kids to want to exercise it starts when they are young. I believe it starts with our examples as parents. I was talking to my mom the other day about how I couldn't believe she got up for so many years at 5:00AM to go walking. As I was saying this to her, I realized that there was a seed about exercise planted when I was young. I knew it was important to my mom long before we ever talked about it and WAY long before I ever became interested in actually running. It started from my mom showing me the way to do it. Then this morning Gaupo and I were doing our workout and  we invited the girls to join us. Our girls think it is so fun to kick their legs when we do flutter kicks, run the loop as we are running, shoot baskets with us, and a lot of other things depending on their mood. However, my kids don't look at exercise right now as something that is difficult or hard; instead they see it as a game. I think right now is when it starts. It doesn't mean that my kids will be into working out or sports or anything, but at least they grow up knowing it means something to me and I think that is a step in the right direction.

Alright now for our 3 kids for 3 days. This last week I had the opportunity to watch a little boy named Ethan while his parents were at work. I learned a lot of things in those three days. As for the three kids thing, I saw both the crazy side and the good side. I mean it always seemed like something was going on. It was great that Kylee or Tia had a buddy to play with. Sometimes that was tricky because it almost seemed like when two were playing it was really hard for the third to join. It was crazy trying to get anywhere. It seemed to take so long to get shoes on, jackets on, potty used, and out the door. I am seriously going to need like an hour before hand to do anything when I have three kids. The first two days I watched Ethan it was like perfect. The kids played, they slept good, they got along it was great and was thinking "What is so hard about three kids?" Then the third day came and oh boy. All the kids were a little off, kind of grouchy, no one want to listen to me or eat very well, naps were short, and I took them to the library which was good, but man it seems a lot harder to keep track of three kids. I doubt that I really got a good taste of 3 kids, but man it was sure overwhelming that day. I really wanted nap time to last forever. It was a crazy and fun adventure and I would do it again in a heartbeat, but I tell ya three kids can be a little tricky especially if one is sick (Kylee).

I also want to note it was very interesting to have a boy thrown into the mix of girls here. I have never had a boy and so it was interesting to experience that too. I don't really know how to explain it, but boys are really different than girls even if they are both super chill, the same age, and capable of doing the same things. They just do them different. Oh, it was an adventure let me tell you.

Here are the three kids playing in the garden dirt. Luckily we hadn't planted anything yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment