Saturday, May 14, 2016

Mother's Day

This year Mother's Day weekend also happened to be our first weekend out of school!! It was great. We started of with a little sleeping in and Gaupo made a fantastic breakfast of breakfast burrito's and muffins. It was so good, and perfect because no complained about how they didn't like it. (This is getting to be kind of a problem lately.) Anyway, it was so good and it made you feel full not like Thanksgiving full, but like you have enough nutrition in you to make you happy full. Then we got all that cleaned up and went and did grocery shopping. It is so nice to go together mainly because we can help each other be good and a little naughty. We can tag team things like getting the free balloons while the other one buys the grocery's, or I can do some price comparing while he entertains the kids. Plus I LOVE being with Gaupo. Sometimes I wish he could be around, just to have him around, but the reality is he needs work, and I need him to work. So, it really is kind of treat when we get to go together.

After grocery shopping, we quickly changed our clothes and headed to the rec center. Kylee and I went rock climbing and Tia and Gaupo went swimming and then when we were done climbing we went swimming too. Kylee is turning into a really good climber. She is still a little uncertain of mom not helping, but she does really good and this time she even took the ride down. She actually really like that part, and said "Mom, I don't want to climb. I just want the ride." I had to be the bearer of bad news and tell her that in order to get the ride she had to climb. It was also fun to have her watch me climb. I kind of like it when I can impress my kids, which I know is totally lame, but I seriously love it when they think that I am so good at something. I am going to soak it up while I can, because I have heard it doesn't last forever, but maybe it will. Maybe my kids will always be in awe of what I can do. It was fun for me to climb, though I must be getting weaker, or something because I fell like twice, but I kept going and it was still fun to climb. Like I said once Kylee and I were done climbing, we went out to the pool for swimming. Tia was super excited to see us. Both girls did an excellent job of showing of their 'tricks' to their dad. He doesn't always get to see them, so they feel pretty special showing dad their tricks.

  • Kylee's tricks: Back and front float with help. Roll-over from front to back with help. Going under under for actually quite a while. Retrieving a ring, balancing on one foot, and being silly.
  • Tia's tricks: Front float and Back float with help. Roll-over from back to front and front to back with help. Going under under. Retrieving a ring, supermaning (jumping off the side belly flop fashion) into moms arms, and having mom throw her in the air land in the water going under and pull her up. 
They are both doing really well for themselves. Then we all went and got in the hot tub. While there Gaupo and I took turns going down the big slides and I took a dive off the diving board. Tia was sure she wanted to do that too. I was going to let her, but she had to do it in shallower water first and one she did that she was good. Thank goodness, because I really do want to put off the day we try that because my fear is not that she wont do it, but that she will and I wont be able to catch her. Oh well, after that and a short ride in the lazy river we went home.

At home we had baths and lunch followed by naps. When the girls woke up we did some of Tia's OT tricks and her work system, which then led us into building towers with duplos. It was so fun. We built a huge one with all of our little pieces. It was bigger than me. It didn't stand up on its own, but it was super tall. After playing for a bit and waking up Gaupo we made cookies. Kylee has been begging for the chocolate chocolate chip cookies that were at Oma's house since we left. So, we made those together. Then we experimented with making potato salad with noodles instead of potatoes. It wasn't so good that night, but after the first day it was really good. Then we got to have a picnic. The weather was pretty yucky, so we couldn't have it outside, so we did it in the basement. We had egg salad sandwiches, chips, special drinks (Gatorade), pasta salad, and of course cookies. Then we came upstairs and had baths, did a few OT tricks, and then sent the girls to bed. 

Me, Kylee, and Tia at our picnic.
After the girls went to be we watched the Mighty Ducks 1. I really wanted to watch a sports movie and Gaupo is not into sports movies except the Mighty Ducks, so that is what we agreed upon and it was as funny as ever. Then we talked for a bit and went to bed. 

Oh such a great day, and something that Gaupo would allow to happen because it was a special day for me. If Gaupo had his kind of day it would involve movies, playing games, and heavy meals like steak and potatoes. I prefer doing things and after a hearty breakfast (my favorite meal of the day) I like stuff like sandwiches. So, it was totally my kind of day and actually enjoyed by my family as well.

Sunday was a great day too. I got up and read my scriptures and got breakfast. There was leftover breakfast burritos, so I didn't have to have cold cereal, Yea! Then we Facetimed Oma. The girls love showing off to them. Although we did make a pretty bad mistake of showing Tia Skippy (Oma's dog) and then that is all she wanted. However, Kylee sang Oma a song and we chatted for awhile and then Aunt Kara want to Facetime with Oma, so we did a hangout all together. That was fun because Aunt Kara and Uncle Seth were good sports and helped the girls "hold" baby Ross. It was fun to see him scooting for things. It was fun to talk to Kara and hear what she was up to and some plans she had. It was so great,  but I did eventually have to get a move on it so we wouldn't be late for church. But, I couldn't be done talking just yet because I noticed a missed call from Kitt. So, I called her back and talked to her while I got ready for church. Church was good and our ward gave Cadbury Chocolate bars to the sisters in the ward. After Church we came home and got some lunch. I had a yummy egg salad sandwich. Then everyone took naps except me. I talked on the phone to Jack. It was great to chat with him and see what they were up to and talk about them coming here. Then a little after four I woke everyone up and the girls kind of extended there nap on my lap, but seriously who will turn down cuddles--not me. Once everyone was up and moving we Facetime Grandma. The girls had fun with that and this time Tia kept asking to see Grandpa. It was fun to call and talk to Grandma. Everyone thought it was great. Finally, we had to hang-up, so we could figure out what to eat. We had no idea what to have and ended up deciding to eat leftovers; which consisted of some Navjo Taco, some burrito, pasta salad, and meat and cheese casidias for the girls. Then we played and enjoyed being together until it was time for the girls to go to bed. Once they were asleep, I tired to call my dad, but him and my mom had my cousins over for dinner. So, I gave them sometime to do that while talking to Klaire and then I called them back and talked for awhile. Then when it was all over we went to bed.




I had such a great Mother's Day. I was so grateful I could spend it doing things that I love with people I love. I feel so blessed to be a mom to three beautiful kids. I am so grateful that I have my two girls here with me. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband who sets aside his wants, so that we can do things together. I am also so grateful he is such a hard worker and provides so well for our family. I am so blessed to have a great Mom who loves me, still gives me advice and correction, and who is such a great example of love, service, being family oriented and having fun. I am also grateful for a great mother-in-law who raised such a wonderful boy and then welcomed me into her family. I am grateful for all her good advice and love. I feel so blessed to have Grandma's who loved their kids and grandkids. I feel so blessed by all these wonderful women. It really is kind of like the girl in our sacrament meeting said, "Mother's Day should not be the day we celebrate mothers, because we should be doing it all year. It is the day we should reflect and see if we are then try to celebrate them some more. I love being a mom. I thank Heavenly Father every day even on the bad days for the chance I get to have these special souls with me. Everyday the fill it with a least one smile, one silly thing, and at least 2 hugs and kisses. LOVE IT!

1 comment: