Sunday, December 11, 2016

The Plague

Conversation between Kylee and I on Tuesday when I planned on writing this post.
Kylee: "Are you going to blog tonight?"
Me: "Yes."
Kylee: "What are you going to blog about?"
Me: "Being sick."
Kylee: "Grandpa-Great does not want to here about that."
Me: "Well, he might not but blogs are suppose to be about our life and getting sick is sometimes part of it."

So, sorry Grandpa-Great and others. If you don't want to read about the plague we endure then just skip this post.

Last Monday, during his nap Trent threw-up. Not just like spit-up but tons. Oh man it was so gross, and there was so much. Needless to say, Trent needed a bath. I don't know that he really liked baths at my house. I must do something different than his mom, but we got him all bathed and in clean clothes. Then all the other kids wanted a snack and so did Trent, so Gaupo gave him a little taste and he didn't want anymore and went wondering off. Well we took a peek at him and he starts like spiting up. So we cleaned that up and we were getting dinner ready and he had done really well and so I let him go downstairs. Well, after a short bit down there both Kylee and Tia say "MOM, Trent just threw-up!" I go down and sure enough he had. So we changed his clothes again, but we were out of his clothes, so the lucky kid got dressed in the most gender neutral boy clothes I had. Yeah, there wer still pretty girly, but they were warm and he was not too traumatized. He went home and we thought life would return to normal, but boy was I wrong.

Tuesday morning dawned fairly normal. Tia had a little cold, but we went about our day as usual until right before lunch when Tia started crying and telling me her ear hurt. It was a bitter/sweet moment because for the first time Tia had told me what was wrong and so we could get help, but it also meant an ear infection, blaugh. Anyway, I scheduled her an appointment and got Auntie Beth to watch the kiddos while I took Tia. It was in fact and ear infection, so we got antibotics and went home. We did not go swimming that night just to try and give Tia's body a rest. The night went normal, but my stomach really started to hurt, but I didn't think much of it and went to bed.

Well Wednesday at about 5:30 I woke-up needing to throw-up. I felt pretty good after that and went back to sleep. Then the girls came and woke me up to help them get ready,so after doing Kylee's hair and before doing Tia's I had to throw-up again. Gaupo called work and said he couldn't come in and thankfully was able to stay home and help me. So, I slept while Gaupo feed the girls breakfast, took them to swim lessons and entertained them for me. It felt so good to sleep, because honestly I didn't feel like I could have done anything except lay on the couch. By the time night came, I was feeling pretty good. I managed to take a shower and watch a couple shows before tumbling into bed.

Thursday Morning Gaupo woke-up throwing up around 3:30 in the morning. Luckily I was feeling better because Kylee woke-up saying her eyes were hurting. I looked at them and they looked a little pink, so I decided to keep her home from school. Tia's therapist's decided to brave this sick house and still came over. That was really nice because it kind of helped break up our day a little. Gaupo pretty much rested the whole day and just did laundry trying to get all the sickness out. In the afternoon, I did end up taking Kylee to the doctor for her pink eye, but found out it was a viral pink eye so there was  nothing that could be done except to wait it out. AUGHHH! I think that if I pay to go to the doctor that they better have a cure. However, it was not the case and we went home. The missionaries were suppose to come over for dinner, but I had to cancel them coming in, but instead of them going without dinner I just made them dinner to go. They were so gracious and it has been nice to meet them since then. However, it is a good thing we cancelled because about 4:30 Tia threw-up. Luckily for Tia this bug doesn't seem to wipe out kids like it does adults, so she threw-up a couple more times, but really was fine. That night after dinner Gaupo gave Kylee a priesthood blessing because we needed a miracle. We need Kylee to either get sick like 2 minutes after the prayer ended or not get this stomach bug, so she could participate in the ward party. So, Gaupo gave her a blessing in which she was promised that she would be able to enjoy her activities this weekend. On Thursday night, I pretty much did nothing.

Friday nothing new happened, except I panicked and thought that maybe I had some pink eye too, but after it all I don't think I did, but I do think my eyes enjoyed the break from my contacts for a couple of days. Anyway, on Friday my friend who knows like everything about natural remedies and things like that came over because I had asked her the night before about safe disinfectant options. So, she brought me over so partial bottles of some essential oils and said I could have them. I was like are you sure these aren't cheap and she said yeah I am sure, so I kept them and am so grateful. She brought me over lemon, melaleuca, and OnGaurd essential oils. She also brought us a combo of Goldenseal and something else it is now know to my house as the nasty medicine. Anyway, I used the lemon to disinfect all the toys, couches, pillows, I don't like everything. I put the OnGaurd on my kids and didn't quite know what to do with the Melaleuca, but later found out. Anyway, nothing new happened, so we just spent the day trying to act normal.

Saturday was the ward party. We went and Kylee did a great job singing "Picture a Christmas." She loves singing and singing in front of people so doesn't bug her, so she did so great. The party itself was fun. We had a great breakfast of breakfast burritos and/or pancakes. We got to see Santa and enjoyed being around people again. Seriously, I was feeling pretty isolated at the time. Anyway, we get home and Kylee cuddles up to me and starts complaining about her ears hurting. I am like no not again, not on the weekend. So, I give her some ibuprofen and had a quick lunch and took naps. She seemed to being doing better and Gaupo had homework to do. So, I decided to go get some shopping done on the other side of town. Well, I was one block from the store when I hear sounds from the backseat. I think to myself  "Oh, no." Then it happens Tia throws-up in the car. I quickly turn around and head home because she is covered and it stinks. I try to call Gaupo to warn him that we are coming home, but guess what--some kids have played with my phone enough that it is disabled for 10 minutes. So, I just keep driving. About a block from my house, my phone unlocks, so I call Gaupo to warn him to be done with his homework. So, I strip Tia outside then send her in for a bath. Then I start cleaning the car. Oh man, that is one gross mess in a car. I hosed everything down, washed what I could and then sanitized it as best I could and then prayed that it would not stink anymore. It worked our car doesn't stink and all is well.

After Saturday, we didn't get any sicker, so we have been on the mend. We have had lingering colds and poor Kylee has had a cough, but I think we are getting over that too. I mentioned above that I found what I could use Melaluca for and it is ear infections. Between the Goldenseal and Echinacea, Melaluca and Ibuprofen we got the ear infection and the pink eye to clear up without going to the doctor. It was a test of patience to try and wait it out, but it worked and Kylee's ears don't hurt anymore.

From this Plague of sickness I learned something.  I learned that God answers prayers. He blessed Kylee that she felt great until we got home from the ward Christmas party, and she never got the stomach bug. That is a miracle because everyone else who was exposed to it got it, but she really wanted to do the ward program and she was blessed to do it. Also I learned a lot about essential oils which I really am not the person who will never use antibiotics, but I learned a lot and am so grateful we didn't need to go to the doctor again. Using my limited knowledge and a lot of prayer Heavenly Father allowed us to take care of that ear infection without having to see the doctor. Heavenly Father is so aware of our needs and desires. He truly desires to bless and help us with the things we need. We just need to trust him both when prayers are answered and when they seem to go unanswered. We have a loving Heavenly Father and I am his daughter and He loves and cares for me and my family.

Here is Kylee singing if you want to see it...


No comments:

Post a Comment