Tuesday, March 14, 2017

It Started With a Date

Around here we have been trying to get into the habit of having some sort of family council. We try to talk about Family Home Evening and who wants to do what, and what we having going on this week and stuff like that. Well while were were talking about it Gaupo said, and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date either Friday or Saturday--you just get the babysitter. I was so pleased that he was thinking about such activities and so of course I said yes. However, as the week wore on I almost forgot to call the babysitter; however, I remembered and we got our favorite babysitter Makenna. So Friday night at pretty close to 5:30pm Gaupo and I left the kids and went out on a date.

We went to Red Lobster. It is one of Gaupo's favorite places to eat. You can't make reservations there at least not for a party of two, so we had to wait and it was awesome. For awhile we walked around the building just holding hands, talking about whatever and walking. Gaupo didn't pull out Pokemon. I know he was tempted because he joked about taking it out. However, he didn't he kept his device in his pocket the whole time. So, we walked and talked until Gaupo (he didn't have a jacket) got too cold and then we went in to warm up. Once inside we didn't do too much more talking while we waited. I don't know about you guys, but when you are sitting really close to people you don't know, it kind of makes you not want to talk about all the stuff you were before. Plus, Gaupo was standing and I was sitting which I also think makes for really awkward conversation. Luckily we didn't have to wait long and we got seated at our table. At first I was kind of worried about it because it was a booth, but it didn't have a wall on either side. However, it was perfect. It wasn't too loud, I didn't feel crowded it was great. Plus we had an awesome server, who helped us get exactly what each of us wanted. We got a combo platter: shrimp linguine (Gaupo), Steak (me), and coconut shrimp (to share). Then we got a side of potatoes, and a tomato mozzarella thing it has a fancy name, but I can't remember it. It also came with one salad, but our server said he could make two smaller ones if we wanted them different, so we each got our own. Yes, it was expensive, but we knew it would be and it was so good. We each got what we wanted, tried some new-ish things, and got full. So, the food was a success and so was the company. I had a great time just visiting and talking with Gaupo. We really didn't solve any problems, worries, or anything we just got to be together uninterrupted. It was so great. So after dinner we hit up Sams Club for some cheese because we ran out. AHHHHH, I know, but we got it so the world is safe  again. Then we came home and enjoyed being together some more. It was really so good. It has been awhile since we went on a real date and you know what it was so good, so thanks to our Aunt Kitt for a wonderful Christmas present.

Luckily the great weekend didn't stop there. Saturday was a busy day, but for once we did everything we said we were going to do with the kids. Gaupo got up early and worked on some homework and then worked a little more after we had breakfast. I got a few of the piles that some how end up here. It felt good to sort through them and get them put away. Then we went swimming. The girls have been so excited to have their dad watch them swim. And the look on his face when his little girls turned into little fishes did not disappoint. He had proud father written all over his face. I think he might have even said 'Wow.' He hasn't been with us for awhile, so to see Kylee floating and Tia swimming and both just seriously acting like little fishes is pretty cool. I really just loved watching him be proud of his girls and his girls being so excited to show Daddy all the cool stuff they can do. Also because Gaupo was with us, I got to go off the diving board and Tia and I got to do the slides and I did the slides a little by myself too. It was so great. After swimming for about an hour, we came home. We had lunch and Guapo and the girls took naps. I started working on a game for our RS meeting this month. Then when naps were over we talked about what to have for meals went shopping and then came home. Tia had been wanting to ride her bike all day, so while Gaupo made dinner I took the girls out to the grass hill. Yes, if you remember from last year that means someone is learning to ride a two-wheeler and guess what Tia is doing great!! She can do it we are just working on steering, getting started, and stopping. So obviously I am not taking her for any wild rides yet, but she is doing really good. As I said Gaupo was suppose to be making dinner, but it took a little longer than it should have because he was watching the girls ride bikes. So, we had dinner and then did a floor puzzle together and then got the girls to bed. We finished the night with a movie. It was such a good family day.

I loved this last weekend. It was so fun to be together. To do things we loved and to try a little to make it work. I loved that we all had to give and help to get things done. I loved that we could have fun as a couple and as a family. I doubt this post does the weekend justice because it was so great. I actually have had an extended weekend because I have had just my kids the last couple of days and it has been great to focus on just them. True I had them help me with chores yesterday, but you know what we got them done in no time. We could do them after swim lessons and naps. We could motivate ourselves because if we got it done then we had two days to just play together. We also still had time to play. I have loved watching my girls love each other. Its just been great. I also loved that Gaupo and I started a book together. Every once in a while we will read a book or series together and it has been awhile since then, but it is so fun to read together and enjoy a good book. For me love is definitely spelled T-I-M-E. Take time to love and enjoy your family because they are yours and they are worth everything. I am so grateful for mine. Together Forever.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like some good quality "T-I-M-E!" What book are you guys reading together?

    ReplyDelete