Tuesday, August 7, 2018

More Summer Vacation Ramblings

I love summer. I know I probably say this on every post, but I really do and I feel like almost every time I write, I love summer for a different reason. This week I have loved summer because I sleep till 6:40ish. Stay in my jammies and read my scriptures and pray. Then I pray with Gaupo and head downstairs where I read my kids books until Gaupo is ready for work. Then we send him off and the kids play for a bit and I make breakfast and/or get ready. We have breakfast between 8:00 and 8:30. Then the kids play while I clean up and finish getting ready. Then we play some more. Sometimes we go on adventures, but lately the magic time for my kids to play is right after breakfast and as much as I want to go adventure and enjoy the cool of the day, I just can't bring myself to kill the magic, just so I can have fun, so I try to find things to do. I could try harder, but I like to be close-ish so I can hear them because its fun and funny. Then when they are kind of getting done playing we either play together, change up the game they are play or something and get to lunch time. Then we have lunch, books, naps, sometimes there is some play before naps. Then we wake up, have a snack, play until dad gets home. Sometimes we run an errand or something, but our dad gets home we enjoy his company, maybe work on 'homework' or just make dinner. Then we have dinner and do whatever is left 'homework' and/or family time. We just enjoy. Often times the kids will play outside because our evenings are cool and Gaupo and I will watch them. Sometimes we play games. Summer is just bare bones of a schedule and I am not sick of it.

FYI our 'homework' consists of getting Kylee to read a book to us. She is not a huge fan, but she can do it and she needs to. Really, we came up with this for Kylee, because we really have to do Tia's vision therapy exercises and we couldn't just let Kylee get all the rewards without doing any work. So, usually Gaupo will take Kylee because he is way more patient with her and she is better at doing it with him. I take Tia because she just works better with me most times. So far it works, and everybody gets what they need to done, but sometimes it is super painful, while other times it goes just fine. It totally depends on the mood and the day.

So, yeah we haven't done a whole lot. We just kind of pick what we want to do and do it. The girls wish we would go swimming more often, but the weather hasn't been warm enough for me to want to go outside very often and swimming inside seems like a waste since it is still summer. Also, my girls want to ride the waterslides and do the diving boards and while I can do the waterslides I have to be careful so it isn't very fun because I do a lot of watching. Partly I watch because I am worried that no one else is watching out for my kid and they might not make it out of the splash area and I also watch because my kids think they need me to watch their every move. Oh well. I wish we would go bike riding and or hiking more, but I such a pansy when its warm and like I said above, the girls play the best in the morning that it just kind of doesn't happen. I tell myself that's okay we will do it when its cooler in the fall, but guess what we have school ALL DAY! and that totally messes everything up because school usually means homework and it doesn't get out till late and it means we have a schedule. So, I just try to console myself with the fact that my girls are playing and being friends and that isn't going to have as much time either once school starts and as much as I love bikes and the outdoors their friendship and play is probably just as important if not more. So, we roll with. it.

That is probably enough rambling, but I do love summer and I am loving just being around my kids and enjoying them. They are special little spirits that I have been given. Although, we have our moments where things don't go quite well, I am so glad I have them and am so grateful for how they bless my life everyday.
Kylee, Tia, and I. I got a new phone so we were trying out the camera.
Kylee wanted a picture by herself.
Tia of course wanted one too.
Random bumps that Tia got. It never itched, but sure made her pores all stick out. Weird.
We had "Mormon Enchiladas for dinner."
The family enjoying free rootbeer floats on national rootbeer float day.
Kylee's lunch bag. I made it. Its not perfect, but it is cute and will do the job. Plus, Kylee is excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment