Tuesday, October 9, 2018

General Conference Weekend

Kylee asked me what I was going to be doing tonight and I told her I was blogging. She then said, "Mom, don't forget to blog about my teeth." So, here it is. Kylee has now lost five teeth. She lost two about a year ago. Then she pulled out one on Sept. 30th. Then she pulled out one on Saturday morning (Oct. 6) and one Saturday during the morning session of conference. She lost three teeth in less than a week and couldn't be more please about it. She has a giant front gap and then a little tiny gap on the bottom, but it is so cute. She has been wanting to lose teeth for awhile and they just never got loose enough, but man as soon as I agreed with her that those were loose teeth it sure didn't take her long to pull them out. She has been visited by the tooth-fairy. This last time the tooth-fairy gave her two quarters, a dime, and nickle for each tooth and she was so pleased and felt like she got enough to share some money with her sister. She is such a good big sister. Tia thinks it would be really cool to lose teeth, but so far none are wiggling, so I think we are good on teeth for awhile.
Monday after the first tooth.
Saturday morning. Missing just two teeth.
 In other updates, this last weekend was General Conference. We were able to watch all the session and I attended the Women's meeting. I totally missed my sisters and mom as I went by myself, but its okay, I know they all went, so we were united in spirit. The weekend previous to this one, when we told the kids that General Conference was coming up they said, "Yes, we get to watch tv and have treats." I don't know that food and tv should be motivation for loving conference, but they sure do love those reasons. However, when I heard their enthusiasm I followed up with what they thought would be good treats. Kylee said, sour patch kids. Her dad then convinced her what she really wanted was Swedish Fish (that is his favorite). Gaupo also requested monkey bread. Tia said donuts. We ended up with donuts, sour gummy worms, Swedish Fish, and nuts. Then we made monkey bread on Sunday morning. It was actually a really great combination. The girls were awesome about it. They were so excited for conference and they waited until it started and sat on the couch. They saw me with my notebook, so then we had to find notebooks for them too. They took notes for a bit and then asked for treats. I told them they had to wait for the song in the middle and then we would get treats. I was amazed at how well they could wait and how little I got asked for them. But, boy howdy, when that song came on they were ready. They did wait till after it was finished to get them dished up, but they were ready and loved them. They so much knew that, that is when they could have treats, that during the Sunday afternoon session I went to go wake-up Kylee during the song and I came back down and Tia is helping herself to her treats. She sees me come down and says, "Its over." I couldn't argue with her and she actually did pretty good portions, so it worked out well. I enjoyed conference. I still kind of wish I could have heard more, but sometimes that is how it goes with kids. Saturday the girls did really good with listening, but by Sunday they needed more to do and worked on some puzzles, but needed help with them, but at least they were good and I could hear most of it. I love having the words or prophets and apostles piped directly into my home it is such a great treat.

On Saturday we also worked on our basement. We got the 2nd window installed. It took some work, so good neighborly help, and some lessons learned but we got it in. Then today when we installed its twin it didn't even take us half the time it was so much faster and easier. However, we also had our contractor friend Greg come over and talk about framing with us and that is a bit of an overwhelming thing for me, but I think I will sleep and feel better about figuring everything tomorrow. That is one thing I have truly learned from this project, sometimes you just need to let your brain bake on the information before you act on it and then a lot of times as you sit down to do it with a fresh mind you can figure it out and it isn't as bad as it seemed. The basement is coming along, I really hope it gets done in time, but we will see. We just have to keep working on it and doing our best and we will get there.
Gaupo and our neighbor Brian installing the new window.
The windows on Saturday night.
The window we installed this morning. (3rd and final)
The twins seem to be growing good. I go to the doctor tomorrow to check on them, so we will see for sure. They sure seem heavy. I wear my 'belly band' almost all the time now and it helps a lot. I still have a big belly in the way of just doing things the easy way, or doing lots and lots of things, but really I can't complain it all seems to be going well. I hope that is still true on tomorrow's appointment.

The girls seem to be doing well in school. I had parent teacher conferences and both girls seemed to being doing fine. Kylee is a little behind with reading, but her teacher didn't seem real concerned about it, so we will just keep working at it. She is getting a lot better and I think she will get where she needs to be. Tia is making friends and loving preschool. We had a family swim night on Friday and the girls loved the slides, diving board, and they tried out a new thing called log rolling. Log rolling is just trying to stand-up and roll and tube with your feet. We did barrel walking as kids and its the same kind of thing just in the water, so when you fall it is into the pool, not the hard ground. The girls loved that. They said it was their favorite part and they haven't wanted to go back and do it again. I am very glad the kid that was running it was patient enough to help them.

That is pretty much our life: growing babies, construction, school, and family. I think this is probably the most balanced our life has been with working and playing and you know what it is kind of nice. Sometimes it is really overwhelming and I wish we could just do nothing, but you know it more fulfilling when we do something. Plus Gaupo and I really enjoy working on house together and the kids tolerate it pretty well too. So, all good things all good things.

Just a fun picture of Tia.
Our house is all decorated for Halloween.
Tia wanted to take a picture. I said "of what?" Tia: "Your big fat belly."

No comments:

Post a Comment