Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Family Update

Time is racing by. The weeks are full and the weekends too short, but I still look forward to them all the same. This last week we made some great progress on the basement. We got all our rough-in work done. Well all that we needed to pass the inspection. The plumber still needs to come set the shower-base, but we passed inspection and are thus ready to move onto insulation and fire blocking. We are hoping that inspection will get done and passed on Thursday. Anyway, it is moving along and I am so glad because for awhile there I was feeling stuck and like it wasn't going any place, but I am excited to get the insulation done. Then the drywaller is having the basement stocked with what he needs on Thursday or Friday and then I think he will start next week. At least that is the the hope. So, it wont be finished by the time my parents get here, but we will be to the point where it is time to put stuff in and get the final touches ready to go. Now, if we can just get these babies to wait that long.

As far as babies go, things look good. I had one friend of mine say that she thinks I have dropped a little and while that maybe true I am really not quite ready for them to come, so I hope they keep on staying in. That said they have to be growing and changing or my body is getting tired or both. My ankles and feet have taken up swelling. Plus, I can't move around as easily as I use to, so I am changing, but I am not sure exactly what these changes mean for the possibility of babies coming. I go to the high-risk doctor tomorrow and so we will see what these little ones are up to. I did take some pregnancy pics on Sunday with a friend who has almost the exact due date I do, but she is pregnant with just one, but it is her #6, so its kind of fun to compare. We are carrying very differently and I personally think we both look pretty good for being 34 weeks pregnant.
Me and my friend Jerry Lynn--bump to bump.
I just think this is a great candid shot.
My ankle and foot after a day at church.
This is how they both look. They look better on camera than in real life, but I tried to catch it.
The girls seem to be doing well. They both are enjoying school and love to play. On Saturday, they had a great time together. Sometimes after school they struggle to get along super good because Kylee is so tired, but I don't this Saturday was one of those days I always hoped I would see these two have. They used their imaginations and just play and played well. I only had to get after people for being mean or bossy a couple of times because for the most part they played and worked things out. They were playing before I cleaned the kitchen floor, but they love making a 'palace' out of the chairs and things when I clean the floor, and they had a blast with that. Then they painted and then we went outside and they 'painted' the house and to be honest I don't know what was so intriguing about playing and hauling around the rocks but they had a great time doing it. I just love watching my girls play, especially when they play together. I am amazed by how well they can do it and it is so awesome.
Painting the door.
They were so proud of the way the made this rock display.
Gaupo finished up a big project at work this week. He finished up what we refer to as "The Anthology." I am not really sure what it is or what it all entails. I just know that it is a collection of local authors submissions of stories or poems. He has had to go through and edit them and organize and get it all printed into a book. I asked him if he was really in charge of editing and he said he was in charge, but he handed most of it off to his committee. However, I do know that as far as the organizing, formatting, printing, and stuff like that he did indeed do. It has been a big project that he never intended to do, but was part of what got handed over to him when he assumed his role as Head of Technical Services. I know he is glad to have it over with, but I also think he learned a lot from it.
Gaupo as a published editor.
As for me, I am just trying to keep everything together here. I just run kids around, go to my doctor appointments, clean if I can, make dinner, and help with homework. Really my days seem plenty full, so my main goal is to try to not over due things as I really want to make it till my parents can get here to have these babies. So, I just plan and hope for the best. I love being a mom. It is a lot of worry and pressure, but I feel so blessed to have the chance to have these children. Each one teaches me different thing and helps me develop in different ways. I love my two girls. They are so helpful, and really try to be sweet. They both have their struggles and it is stressful to wonder if we will ever be able to help them work through them, but it is so rewarding when we see progress. I love watching them grow and catch on to things. I feel so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom and to enjoy being a stay-at-mom. I have wondered at time if it is really what I want to do, but it really is. I love it. Its challenging and sometimes lonely, and hard, but there are a lot of long-term and some short-term rewards and I am so glad I am don't have to miss it. I love being with my kids and letting them know that I am here for them and that I love them. I am one blessed daughter of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment