Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Post Vacation Week

Coming off of vacation is always hard because we are left with just us, and though we are pretty darn cool people we miss all the really cool people we get to play with every day while on vacation. So, this past week we had to get over that hump. The girls had to deal with being with just them. I had to go back to being fully responsible for my kids, and the twins had to adjust to having their sisters all around them again. However, we adjusted. We went to free lunch, we hit up 7-11 on 7-11. I love slurpee's so it is one of my favorite days of the year. We went to the library for new books and started a session of swim lessons. We were getting into being home.
Me, Kylee and Tia with our Slurpees.
However, to help us hit our stride and help jolt me out of post vacation blues we got to go to the doctor 3 days straight. Friday we went for Kade and Abby's well child checks. They are both doing well and seem to be developing right on track. They both took a little jump in growth and they are really starting to grasp what is happening around them. As in Kade wants to be in the action and is frustrated when he isn't, and Abby has noticed and started to fake cry when we pick up Kade and not her too. They are both proficient rollers. Kade has started getting up and rocking on all fours. I am not ready for a crawler, but he wants to move so bad, so we will see what he does. So, Friday's doctor visit went really well. Except they got shots, so they were cranky and ended up running a fever, so they got some Tylenol. Kade got it before he went to bed and Abby got it a couple hours later when she was waking up moaning. So, Friday night was kind of rough with the shots, but then Tia also came in sometime complaining about her ear hurting. She was in quite a bit of pain and had a little fever, so she got some pain reliever to and slept on the floor. Then before the night was out Kylee had a scary dream and was sleeping on our floor too.

Saturday I took Tia to urgent care because ear infections are miserable and so much easier to take care of with antibiotics. So, we got to urgent care and lucky it was empty and so we got in pretty quick. The doc there said that there was a little fluid building up but it wasn't infected yet, so try some allergy medicine to see if it would drain the fluid. So, I decided to just go to King Soopers and pick some up. Well, I was trying to decide what kind to get and the talking to the pharmisist about the different options and as I went back to pick one up the doc called and decided to just give Tia the medicine. So, we got that started to be filled. While we were waiting we picked up donuts. Luckily by the time we chose those and bought them they were pretty much ready for us. Which was good because the twins were done. They were ready for solid foods and a nap. So, we walked back to the car and I fed them the solids I had brought with me and then buckled them in the car and went home. We finally got home from all of that. I feel like literally I just laid the babies down and Kylee says "my throat hurts." AGHHHHH!! I chalked it up to, too much sugar and not enough sleep. However, by that night she was running a fever.

So, Sunday morning we went to urgent care again for what I was sure was strep. She had a runny nose, sore throat, fever, and the smell. Luckily it was empty again, so we got pretty quick care. The nurse didn't seem to want to do the strep test, but luckily she did and she almost seemed surprised that it came back positive. So, now Kylee has antibiotics too. It was my first time going to the doctor or the store on Sunday and though the doctor was a little different the store was way weird. I actually felt uncomfortable-ish and was really ready to leave by the time I finally got the meds. That was kind of weird because I actually really love our grocery store, so it was weird to go in and not want to stay there at all. Luckily I got the meds and went home. We didn't send the kids to church, but Gaupo and I switched off so we could both attend a sacrament meeting. I think that helped a lot with passing the day. Sometimes Sundays last forever when you are at home all day, but luckily this was not the case and we enjoyed our Sabbath day.

Now, everyone is doing much better. We are still taking meds, but the girls have been playing and playing and playing. I would love to know the details of what they are doing, but if I go down to the basement it disrupts it all, so I have to deal with just listening from upstairs, but I love hearing them play. They are such good friends. They are also playing at least 3 rounds of Mancala a day. It is the game of summer around here this year. Also we are managing to read quite a bit too.

I think sickness helped us realize how lucky we are to live here and how much we love and need each other, so even though being sick was really yucky and going to the doctors 3-days in a row was too many I think it some ways it has made this week really really good. Now onto getting ready for the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment