Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Making Time

We really haven't been up to much since I last blogged. It is pretty much school, soccer, babies, and work. However, we seem so busy and I am learning a lot about life and how there really is only time for the things you make time for. Here are a few examples.

Negative example first. I really want to help Kylee to get in the habit of reading her scriptures herself. I plan to do that by beginning to read them with her and I figured we could double count it for some of homework time as well. Or even just do it right before that. Well, I get busy and can't focus, so I tell her to just grab her book and tell myself we will do it when were done. Well, day 3 here and we still haven't ever done it. So, I need to make time for it. It can be done. It will only take like one minute, but I can't seem to grasp the time, but its important, so I need to make time.

Soccer coaching. I think I actually might really like it. I don't know if I always want to coach my own kids because that is tricky, but I love learning the drills, seeing the kids, and the want to be good at it is something I haven't felt in awhile, so its cool. I have made time to try and be a good coach. I am not perfect there are many things undone, but I asked questions at coaches clinic. Gaupo supported me in going to coaches clinic. I study out drills and plans. I have even tried to spend some time playing with my kids doing it. I love those times. I wish all the moments after (like trying to get them to bed) were as golden and blissful as those times we play, but its not, but I am also trying to get better there.

Reading. I haven't had major time to read because of work and kids. However, right now I don't have work and I have babies on 2 naps and kids at school, so I have time to read and I love it. I am loving the good books. Still need to learn to pace out the books a little, but it is still fun to read.

Homework. Homework is like a thorn in my side. However, I have decided that I am not going to talk negative about it in front of my kids and I am going to do as  much as we can tolerate of it. So, we make some time for it. It is pretty amazing what Kylee can do when there is a prescribed time and when its up we are done. She does good work and knows and understands lots of things. There is time for homework we just have to make it.

Therapy. I often have a hard time doing the therapy work I need to with Kade and Tia, but when I think about it I can make time to do it. It take a little work and concentration, but I can.

Not the most up beat post here because I am kind of struggling trying to figure and balance everything, but it will get better we just have to keep moving forward, and keeping making time and making sure our priorities are in order.


No comments:

Post a Comment