Tuesday, January 14, 2020

The Rest of Christmas Break

The following week (week 2 of Christmas break) was really good as well. I was really not very ready to send my big girls back to school. I enjoyed hearing them play together, learn to be creative with their Christmas gifts, and play with them myself. There was a little part of me that was ready but only because after a full year of having the twins as part of our life, my girls still can't leave them alone. Whenever my girls are bored and can't figure out what to do their default is to go find a baby and do so something to them or with them, and sometimes both. Both Kylee and Tia have the capacity to play really nicely with the twins and luckily the twins put up with a lot, but after 2 weeks the good starts getting less and the twins are ready for their space. But other than that little aspect, it was a great break. My favorite part was playing games with them. I purposely asked for some good kid/adult games and I got some. The Magic Labyrinth is the first favorite, but they also enjoy Suspend. We have other games they like but I packed them. I really probably should have kept out more, but oh well. I love having my big girls to myself and having just a little bit of time to focus on them and play with them. Also, them with the twins at the park was really fun too. A little crazy but for the most part really fun.

That is the majority of what we did on break was play either at home or at the park, but New Years Eve was a little different. New Year's Eve day wasn't really any different, but around 5:30 we got the party started. We had our friend the Jacobson's over for dinner. When they first got here the kids were so excited, so we let them run around and play for awhile while we visited, but then the twins said it was time for dinner, so we rounded everyone up and enjoyed Nachos. I love nachos, but that super processed cheese is a killer on my health I know it, so I only do it every so often and I decided that New Years Eve was the perfect time. It was. So, we had dinner and enjoyed visiting. Near the end Trent was having kind of a rough time with everything, so we tried to get him to play some games, but the girls kind of took over those a little bit too, so then around 8:45 they headed home to do whatever at their house. We had the girls get ready for bed, and then toasted in the new year with them. Then we sent them to bed. Gaupo stayed up with me and played my new game the Labyrinth, and then he said he couldn't take it any more. So, we got ready for bed and then he went to sleep. I hadn't studied my scriptures yet, so I did that then watch some fireworks out our bedroom window to welcome in the New Year and crawled into bed. I really hate when that happens--ringing in the New Year with just me, but oh well it happens. Gaupo usually has to work all day and then socializing kind of drains him whereas I totally love it. So, it happens and its better some years than others.

2019 was such a great year. We welcomed twins, finished our basement, lived through sending both girls to full day school, learned to get two bids on major purchases, Kylee learned/ is learning to read, Tia is still enjoying school, and I get to be a mom while Gaupo provides. We experienced the tender mercy of having warm weather when our furnace went out before Christmas and we couldn't get what we needed to done until after Christmas. It was a crazy ordeal with space heaters running for almost 2 weeks. Getting one bid for a furnace, and being encouraged to get another bid and find out they could do it for 1/2 the price. CRAZY! However, we have a furnace it was done by a good HVAC guy and it really worked out well, but oh man was my stress kind of through the roof at times. It was a crazy year raising double the amount of kids as previous years, but I learned and grew so much. My love for my children has grown. I love being a mom (most days). My testimony has grown and I also think that I am beginning to understand how God reveals things to me in my life. I still have a long way  to go with that, but its better. I really feel like 2019 was a year of upward movement, and I am way excited for 2020.

2020 will definitely be new. New house, new ward, hopefully new friends, and some new goals. It should be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment