Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Moving

I think I mentioned on here that we are moving to a new house. We will still live in Longmont. Gaupo loves his job and so we plan to stay here, but we feel a little cramped in certain parts of our house. We could totally make bedrooms work as we had to, but the kitchen and living room were just starting not to cut it with this family.

Two weeks ago I wasn't quite ready. I was feeling like maybe we had bought too big, and done something we didn't need to do. However, over these last couple weeks, at least to me, it has become blatantly obvious that I need more space to be a family. It sound crazy I know, but its true. I get so frustrated that Gaupo and I can't make sandwiches at the same time. If I want to cook with my kiddos we are so crammed and usually only me and one kid can reach the bowl at a time. Family Home Evening has a least one person laying on the floor not necessarily because they don't want to be on the couch but because there isn't enough seating in the living room for everyone and we can't fit enough and still have room to play. I mean we did have the loveseat in here at one time but there is no way with 4 kids the piano can be in the kitchen, so no loveseat. Plus, when all the kids play up here which is totally cool with me, by the time they get setup there isn't really room for people in there and that isn't even if they are playing family or something. We do also need slightly bigger bedrooms. Of the three rooms we have right now 1 fits two twin beds and everything 2 kids need like clothes. The basement room can fit to kids but the closet is tiny, so it couldn't fit two kids as teenagers, and the other kid room only has room for one twin bed maybe a toddler bed, but it has two closets. I know weird. Anyway, we really kind of did need a little bit bigger bedrooms. Consequently, we decided to move. we have quite a lot of equity in the is house and even though the market is high now we figured it was a good time to move that equity to a new place.

Once we found our new place, we were excited and nervous all at the same time. It was at the bottom of the proposed bunch which we were very excited about it has 5 rooms, an unfinished basement, kitchen with lots of cupboards and counters space, it has a front room and family room. It has everything we need, but its in a new ward. Which, will be good. I am kind of excited actually just worried a little too. Sometimes making friends can be hard, but this is going to be great, and I am not moving too far away, so I can still hangout with my friends in Ute Creek ward. All that said, once we found our new house, we invited the kids to fast and pray with us about it. This move even just up to this point has been a great thing for our family to talk about. We have used it to liken the scriptures to us, to teach about fasting, watching for the Lord's tender mercies, and depending on each other. It has been really good.

It has seemed like FOREVER though. Man it seriously feel like months since this all began and its only been about 1.5. However, this Friday is closing and Saturday is the big move day, so everything is going into boxes. It is kind of crazy, and made crazier with sick kids. Although, we are praying it stops with Kylee and Tia. Yeah, my 'alone' packing time hasn't really existed, so I hope I can get it all done. There are just so many 'little' things. I guess next week I can hope to report on the move the new house, but thought I would give the move its own official declaration and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment