Sunday, May 14, 2023

Time Together

President Nelson has said, "The Lord loves effort." I think he truly does love effort because when we put forth effort it shows how much we want something. Some things are really hard to put effort into. Somethings we put effort in and it never seems to pay off. Sometimes things just require effort. This past weekend Gaupo and I spent some time with just the two of us. It surprised me how much effort it took for us to get this time together.

Gaupo and I went out for a date on Friday night. We had a dinner of pizza with the kids. Then I fed Hope and then we left. We went to Sams Club first where I picked out a big pot that I want to put flowers in on the deck this year. Then we went to a place called Scrumptious to get some ice cream which shared and enjoyed just the two of us. It was nice to take our time in the store, talk about what we wanted to, and just enjoy being together. The crazy thing to me was how hard it was to not break the date. I kept wanting to do one thing or another that night and had to keep remembering--NO, I have a date. I wanted to go look at a gardening spot that I am hoping to help with. I wanted to do a couple other things and kept having to shove things out of that slot. I can't remember what Gaupo had to say no to, but there was something he was thinking of doing but then remembered we had a date. We are apparently very out of practice for setting apart time for us, but you know it was a great evening and I really enjoyed being with him. A great plus was Kylee was the babysitter. She did a great job. We got home and she said it went good and she was kind of getting ready to tell me about how hard things were, and then I paid her. She got this huge smile on her face and she said "It was great." Translation is probably "Worth it." She did a good job and we got a night out. So grateful she is willing to help us out.

Saturday we went to the temple. It took so much effort to keep a date to the temple. It has been years since it took that much effort to get to the temple. We were orginally going to go do sealings at 4:30, but then the girls had a kidzing  thing that it wouldn't work with, so we changed to 3:30 and got a friend to help us get the girls to the event. Then more details came out about the event and 3:30 wasn't going to work either, so I texted my friend Siri Jacobson to say we just weren't going to go we couldn't make it work. Then she called and offered to watch the kids if we wanted to go earlier. So, we thought about it and thought of a time that would work. Scheduled it. Thought about Hope's eating schedule decided it was time to wean one of those feedings. Started doing that. Then on Saturday we hustled trying to get things cleaned up and didn't quite make it but were close to finishing chores, but instead of finishing got ready. Didn't have time to have lunch but left for the temple. Writing it out doesn't sound like much to get there, but usually we pick a time and go or go separate or whatever, but this time it seemed just like when we had it worked out something would come up, but we made it. I am so glad we did. Our sealing session was great. Gaupo and I were able to enjoy the temple and hearing the sealing ordinance over, and over was so great. I had honestly forgotten how much it had changed. It was a great use of Saturday afternoon. 

I so enjoyed the one on one time I had with Gaupo. It was great for us to be together and enjoy the quiet uninterrupted time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment