Sunday, November 13, 2011

Halloween

I love the fun, and creative Halloween. I am not into creepy, bloody, or scary Halloween. With that in mind this how are celebration went. On Saturday, we went to our ward party where they had a chili cook off and dessert contest. I didn't compete, but I did make Jiffy mix corn muffins which were gone about 45 minutes into the event. It was a costume party so Guapo and I dressed up. I went as a cowgirl. This is my favorite costume even though a few essential elements are missing. If anyone wants to donate I need a belt buckle, a sparkley belt, and boots. Gaupo went as a thug. For being a white country boy, he makes a super good looking gangster. I don't have the one picture of us, but I think the ward does so just picture a pregnant cowgirl, and a super good-looking gangster and you have us that night. We had a fun time eating and visiting with the ward members and it was a good party. After, the party we went home and did my favorite Halloween tradition--pumpkin carving! I did my traditional carving. It looks like something that would be done by a six year old, but I love it and that is what matter. Gaupo didn't want to actually carve his instead he "shaved" his. It is a Dragon (his usual) and it did actually glow, but not well enough I could get it to show up. On Sunday, we celebrated with dinner in a pumpkin. It was tasty and we both enjoyed it that night and several nights and afternoons thereafter. On Monday, actual Halloween day, we turned on our light for trick or treaters (we only got one) and had dinner. Then we watched Earnest Scared Stupid complete with popcorn and candy. I ate so much candy it is ridiculous, but it was Halloween and I am just a big kid.

Our pumpkins are a good representation of our Personalities.

Looks gross, but it is actually really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment