Sunday, September 30, 2012

New Table, Who Knew That Could Be an Adventure?

I wanted to publish the title as Dining Room Table, but that didn't work because I don't have a dining room. Then I though well kitchen table, but that doesn't really work because we respect it more than our kitchen table before, so the name is new table, and below is why getting a new one is an adventure.

Gaupo and I have been saving money to do some home projects. One night we were discussing what we would like to accomplish with it, and it went much different than either of us thought. Normally we would have decided to do something big like paint the main floor, or fix the roof and porch or something, but no we come out with tv stand, bookshelf, and table. Go figure.

So, the beginning of this month we went to the temple and then went table shopping. We first went to IKEA which was an experience, but didn't find anything. We started heading home and decided to try our local American Furniture Warehouse to see if they had something. Well, they did. The only problem is convincing Adventure Girl that spending money on this kind of thing was okay. I am so ridiculous sometimes. I have been looking at table for a long time. I knew what the prices were and I still wanted to back out and just have a card table. However, Guapo has been wanting a table FOREVER and EVER, so he was not about to let this opportunity pass by. We thought and thought. We mixed chairs, and stools. We tried different things studied and thought. Finally, Guapo paid for our new table 4 chairs and 4 stools. I was excited, but also worried about what we had just done. (by the way this always happens)

Gaupo and our friend picked it up and brought it home on Monday after work. I was so antsy I mowed the lawn with Little One on my back, that way when Gaupo got home we could put it together right away. Well, we got it open and this is part of what I found...


Just in case you can't tell, that is broken. We also found that the table had a significant scruff mark on the end, and two stools were coming apart, and one chair's connect piece was splitting. Oh, I was so disgusted. I called the customer service department and arrange for a pickup and new delivery. So, I had to live with this from Monday night to Thursday morning.


I know its not too bad, but man everything seemed so crammed. Finally, Thursday morning came and so did the truck and now I have this. I LOVE it. It is so nice to have somewhere for everyone to sit. I can put food on the table.Oh it was so worth it and I am so glad we did it.



1 comment:

  1. AH! It's GORGEOUS!!!!! And how fun to get to put dinner AND plates on the table! (: It's SO hard to spend that much money on one purchase, but it looks like it was definitely worth it. It's gorgeous! (what a bummer to have the first one come broken, but i'm glad you finally got what you wanted, the combo chairs/stools is so cute) And can I tell you that I LOVE your wood floors? The dark table is such a nice contrast with the light.

    ReplyDelete