Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ice Skating and The Farming Game

This weekend I got to go on a date. I went with the man of my dreams and had a great time. We started out by going ice skating. We knew Longmont had a rink and that our Rec passes covered it, but we were delighted to find out it covered ALL of it, including skate rental. It was so fun to skate. It has been awhile since I have gone and I love it. One reason I love it is because it is like taking a walk, but different. Also, Gaupo and I switch roles. When we walk Gaupo likes to go fast and I prefer to just stroll along, whereas when we skate I would love to go fast and Gaupo tends to like to just go around. Either way it gave Gaupo and I a chance to talk uninterrupted and about whatever we wanted. It was so nice not to worry about what Kylee was going to take in or if she felt left out and what Tia was up to. It was so nice to be just us. After we were done skating we headed to Jack in the Box. I know richy right. However, it is one of Gaupo's favorite places to go and we don't go often because it is kind of expensive. Plus, we had just done ice skating which I love so I figured we could do something he really enjoyed. We got our food to go and went home. When we arrived we put the kids to bed and enjoyed our food. It would have been nice to sit down and enjoy dinner to, but man babysitting racks up money I tell you what. It was a delightful evening and I am so glad that we got the chance to go out.

Because we learned that ice skating was free we deemed it worthy to go whenever we wanted. So, Gaupo suggested that I take Kylee on Saturday morning while Tia was napping. I did and Kylee had a great time. At first she didn't want skates, but I talked her into them. Then we got her the wrong size and had to get another pair. Finally we hit the ice. Kylee did great and we did one lap around with me holding on to her. It took FOREVER and she really kind of just preferred to be pulled along rather than to skate. So, I went and got her a walker. She did the next lap with that. For some reason she had a hard time pushing it although she could balance really good with it and even shuffle skate a little. After that lap I did one lap by myself while she stood there with the walker and then we went home. When we got home she told Gaupo all about skating and how she fell on her bum and that it was super fun.

Kylee standing on her own. See she is a super star.
I know that is random, but oh well. On Monday after we put the kids to bed Gaupo and I decided to play the Farming Game again. This time we played by all the rules and played until time and we both had enough assets we could have called an audit too, but we were really enjoying ourselves. That is the point of writing this paragraph. We don't usually play games mid-week especially board games, but it was so fun to do it and do it together. I don't exactly know why I think it is so great, but I loved it. It could of been because I had Gaupo's undivided attention for a long time and it could just be that we were spending time together. Either way I loved it. I loved that it wasn't on the tv and that it was quite, intriguing and something that we both enjoyed.

I know its kind of a random post, but when you live my life and try to post every week random is what you are going to get, because sometimes we just don't have that many grand adventures we just have fun little ones. Anyway, I love my family and I am so glad for any time I get to spend with them.

1 comment: