Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The New Year 2015

Wahoo!!! We made it to 2015. Man, 2014 was great but this year will hold lots of fun and adventure I am sure.

We said good-bye to 2014 in our humble abode. Gaupo worked that day, so we couldn't even begin to start until after 5:00, but it was also our last closing for Magnelab, YAHOOO!! I am glad we had the opportunity to close for them so we could get a laptop I really like, but I am so excited to not have to worry about it anymore. I don't have to worry about it if we go on vacation, or how Gaupo will do work if he as to do it after work on a Tuesday, oh man it will be so nice. Anyway, Gaupo got home from closing around 7:15ish and Kylee and I headed to a wedding reception. We went and had good food, said hi to the princess, and then danced all by ourselves. It was so fun. I think Kylee really enjoyed the one-on-one and I know I did. I love dancing with my girls and it was so fun to do it to new music. Around 8:15 we came home and I tucked Kylee in bed and then our 'party' began. I say 'party' because it is kind of weird to celebrate with just 2 of us, but its how it happens. So, we played the Farming Game, which I really enjoyed. Then we watched The Librarian. It was an okay movie. I am not a huge fan of girls fighting or anything that eludes to having sex in a movie. They don't show anything but I still don't like it. However, it was a good movie just not one of my favorites. After the movie got over (about 12:15) we clinked in the new year and went to bed. I know its not super crazy, but it was fun to play and be together and best of all be together to welcome in the 2015.

New Year's Day started too early for us not going to bed on time, but the girls did sleep till about 7:00, so I really can't complain. Anyway, we got up and dinked around for a bit and then made us a breakfast of french toast and bacon. It was super tasty. Then while Tia was down for a nap we played Disney Infinity. It was fun and Kylee really gets a kick out of running around like crazy so it works. We also played a fishing game (not a video game), and we also played disc golf with our mini-disc golf set. We also tried to figure out what we wanted to do. I really wanted to go bowling, but it is so expensive for such short period of time. So, we  decided to go enjoy the sledding hill. We dressed both girls up and headed out. We had SOOOO much fun. Kylee loved going fast and if you ask her she will tell you "I did it on my head, and went bump, bump." What she means by on her head is that she laid down instead of sitting up. We even sent Tia down. We would lay her down in the disc and Gaupo be at the bottom to catch her. We played for a good hour to hour and half and weren't ready to come in, but we need to get lunch and naps. So, we came in and spoiled the girls. We had hot chocolate and toast for lunch. It was really good. After lunch we put them down for a nap and we both took naps. Oh man, my nap was so good. I just wanted to lay there forever in my nice warm cocoon, but Kylee was up way to soon. After naps we played for a bit and then took baths and had dinner. Then we watched Cars 2 with the girls. Tia didn't make it all the way through, but Kylee enjoyed it and the fact she got to stay up. After Kylee was in bed, I think we just chilled and went to bed because the next day Gaupo had work.


The girls together. We only did this once because they much rather have their own turn.

Gaupo and Kylee walking up the hill. They are so cute!
Friday, was  a typical day except that a member of the bishopric came to take to me. In our ward that almost always means a calling, and definitely does if like me you don't have a callling. So, he did extend to me a calling and I accepted. I am now the new Nursery Leader! Oh, I did complain for a good 24 hours and then I bucked up and you know what really enjoyed myself on Sunday with those little kids. My favorite part was when I took them one-by-one to the front of the group and said "This is insert child's name." Then they would repeat the name. Then I would say "Such and such is a child of God." Then the kids would repeat it. It was so cute because every single one of those kids either beamed or did the shy thing when I said "Such and such is a child of God." It was super cute.

Saturday was a shopping day. We went to Wal-Mart first and scored some great after Christmas sales, so hopefully next year we will have plenty of lights that work. It was really fun to go and get some stuff I we wanted. Then we went grocery shopping and stocked up on some goods that were on sale. People always look at me a little weird when we by large quantities of stuff, but oh well its cheap so we buy a lot of it. We made homemade noodles and watched Bewitched that night. It was a really fun day for us.

Sunday with 9:00AM church was AWESOME!! The kids got naps, mom was cranky, it sped by super fast it was just great.

Yesterday, we had more snow fun. Gaupo didn't take a lunch because as he said he was "trying to solve the world's problems." However, it was good because he got to come home early. I thought that might happen so I took the girls outside and let Tia crawl around while Kylee and I built a snowman. It wasn't super good, but I haven't built one in forever so I had a good time. As we were finishing, Gaupo came home and we all went out back and Gaupo and Kylee built a big snowman. Gaupo had fun building and Kylee had fun taking handfuls of snow and putting them on the huge balls that Gaupo had rolled. It was so fun to watch. I love my family. They are seriously so fun and I love watching them take pleasure in the simple joys of life.

Gaupo pushing the bottom ball, and Kylee patiently waiting to help.
Getting ready to add the head.
Tia and I, we are great supervisors.
The finish snowman and its creators.
So, that is the beginning of our 2015 not crazy, but perfect for us and best of all it was welcomed in with lots of time together. Also I am not a big resolution person mainly because I always forget about them, but I do have a couple this year so here they are...
  • Update my blog once a week.
  • Enjoy nursery and the fact that I get to work with awesome kids and leaders.
  • Enjoy my kids and husband.
  • Do a couple of adventures to explore where I live a little more.
  • Love and Live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment