Tuesday, February 10, 2015

When Sickness Desends

Last week we were hit by the cold plague. There are so many things that really stink about being sick. One, we can't go anywhere which means going to the gym is out and so is the library. Also, even thought the weather was beautiful my kids were too tuckered out to even go to the park. It was so sad. Second, the whining. Oh my, it gets pretty bad around here. Finally, the picky eating and change in appetites. It is just almost more than a mother can handle. I don't like this, or after to bites being full, or only eating if Gatorade follows, or having to explain why they can't have any treats like they usually do. OH THE WOES.

However, now that we are all better and I look back there were many blessings and wonderful things about being sick. One thing I loved was when I was sick, I slept quite well, and I could even take a nap in the afternoon. I mean true enough it annoyed me that I was too tired to be productive, but I at least could take a rejuvenating nap. A;so, this time when I had to work out at home because I didn't want the kids to go to babysitting I actually enjoyed working different muscles and having a little bit of a change up. I enjoyed the Gatorade probably just as much as my kids. Although it was really hard not to have treats, smoothies never tasted so good and when we finally could have treats they were so cherished.

My favorite thing about when my kids are sick though is all the cuddles and time we get to spend just being together. It was nice to slow down, cuddle up on the couch and watch an extra show. It was nice to have dance parties, play in our own backyard, and not have to worry about trying to get things done. I loved cuddling with my kids. Even Tia tried her best to be cuddly. She still had a hard time sitting still, but man she got a lot closer and even laid her head on my shoulder. Kylee of course wanted book after book, but she was also more than willing to snuggle in a blanket close while we read. It was so special. OH THE JOYS.

These two didn't stay too long, but it was sure cute while they did.
Tia loved laying on this pillow, but hated that she couldn't see the world around her so kept sitting up.
Kylee loved this. She loved being able to lay down right where everything was happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment