Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Rabbit Mountain

Lately we have been playing and cleaning house. We worked hard and got everything put back in shapes pretty quickly, but we also have played hard. We have gone swimming, to the park, running, etc. Our friend Tori even had a birthday party this weekend and the girls super enjoyed playing outside with her and finishing off with cake and ice cream. I love summer! It just lends itself to greatness.

Plus it gives you opportunities to introduce your girls to homemade ice cream.
Yesterday though it cooled off, because a storm came in on Sunday and it still had a little bit of hangover. So, I decided it was the perfect day for a hike. I of course decided this as we got back from a run. Consequently, we had to still have breakfast and change clothes a little bit, which of course set us back a little, but we were off by about 10:30ish. Rabbit Mountain is about 20 minutes from my house and is actually a very nice drive. We arrive and start on a three mile hike shortly before 11:00.

Well, this hike was almost the complete opposite of when we hiked at Button Rock Preserve. The weather was cooler, the terrain was much more trail like, and Tia was whinny while Kylee was totally happy and content to hike. Yeah, I know, but whatever. Anyway,  we get on our hike and Tia starts off strong, but its kind of all uphill to the actual trail head, so she kind of started fading. You can tell because she starts picking up more stuff, asking for water, or telling me she has to go potty. So, I have to kind of coax her along, but we still keep going. Kylee on the other hand is being a trooper. Sometimes she would say it was hard, and then say "Tia isn't making it better, by crying." I think to myself, "Oh man, and you didn't realize this when you did it the whole time on the last hike." Oh well, she kept going. True she wanted to hold my hand most of the time, but she kept trucking along. Well we hike for about 3/4 of a mile and I just can't take it anymore and decide you know its not worth it. It is more important for us to like hiking and being together than it is for us to get to the actual end of this trail. So, just a little ways up the hill was a bench and we stopped there and had water and a snack and took pictures and then decided it was best to go home.

Man, I said lets go back to the car and Tia just took off. She was so ready to go home. Kylee was still just enjoying the flowers and bombarding me with questions about everything. It really was a delightful hike, we even got sprinkled on. I know most people would like that, but I think sprinkles on hikes brings out colors, scents, and cools things off, so I love it. Anyway, we had fun taking pictures and walking back down the trail. And you know what were we hiked to was beautiful and everyone felt accomplished. We were able to get back in time for lunch and naps. Plus the girls really were fun to be around. It was funny to see what they were interested in. Kylee was interested in the giant 'wish' flowers and rocks. Tia loved finding the little washout spots, tiny rocks, and sticks. They both walk the whole time. I am really actually amazed at how strong their little legs are because the hike was almost all uphill. It was fun to be outside in the beauty of God's creations all together. I love the beauty that surrounds me and I am so glad I get to get out and see it. I feel so blessed.

Here are some pictures.



Kylee and Tia as we hit the true trial head.
Kylee, Me, and Tia being goofballs at our final destination.
Tia and Kylee enjoying the bench.
These who sillies on the trial.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun adventure! Probably a good choice to go back :) although a hard one

    ReplyDelete