Tuesday, January 24, 2017

January 2017

Man I don't feel like anything has really happened in our lives since we rang in the New Year and for the most part I am glad. However, it does make trying to blog slightly harder. Even though nothing big has happened here, there have been plenty of little things to keep are life moving right along.

Jan. 5- Aunt Kitt came back to Colorado and we were the lucky people that got to pick her up on a icy, cold night. It had snowed earlier and the road were not very good and the original plan had been for me to go pick her up by myself; however, I have the best husband ever and even though he hates driving to Denver the thought of me driving to Denver on roads like that night he hates even more. So, he crammed his dinner in and drove the girls and I to pick up our Aunt Kitt. I am so glad he came. One, because of the icy roads, but two because when we drive places we get to spend some remotely uninterrupted time together as a family. The drive was fairly uneventful and we got Kitt and got her in our toasty car, made a bathroom stop, stopped at a reception and came home.
We found Tia her own restaurant at cellphone lot.
It was so great to have Kitt here. Plus, because it got so slushy during the day and then got super cold that night Kitt said she would try working from our house and if she couldn't get stuff done then she would probably go home if the roads were good. So, I got on my best behavior and left her alone all the way until lunch. That is a long time to leave some one so cool tucked upstairs all by themselves, but it was worth it because she decided to stay. WAHOOO!! She still had to work the rest of the day which was a total bummer, but like I said she stayed and played the next day. WAHOOOO!! The next day was Saturday and everyone had off work. So, we had a good breakfast and went sledding. It was pretty great with all the frozen snow. Plus, we got out early enough that we were able to have the hill to ourselves for a bit.
Gaupo, Tia and Aunt Kitt on top on the hill.
Kylee coming up the hill.

After sledding we decided to go get Tia's new glasses (she broke her other pair), then because I have been wanting new boots and we were by places to look I went and looked and ended up buying my very first pair of boots. Honestly I can't believe I have gone almost 10 winters without them. Oh well, Gaupo isn't promising to move me to warmer climates so I should have at least that many more winters to wear them out in. After doing our shopping, we came home and had lunch. Then the girls took a nap while Kitt and I did some grocery shopping. Then sadly it was time to send Kitt home. We love when Aunt Kitt comes and with the crazy winter weather you never quite now how long until the next party. Oh well, glad we got a long one while we could.

Tia taking a walk the Sunday after Kitt left. She did not want to walk on shoveled sidewalks.
Me and my boots headed for a before Church walk.
Jan. 3- (sorry they are all out of order, but oh well) Tia started Preschool. It has not been as awful as I was thinking it would be and I hate to admit it, but it is kind of nice to have about an hour and half twice a week to just do whatever. I say whatever but really that means run errands or work out. But still it is kind of nice and Tia seems to like it. I can never really get out of her what happens at preschool, but she always wants to go to the park after. I don't know. She talks a lot when she gets home from school and it is so fun to hear her jabber. I feel like she is talking a lot although I don't always understand it, so I guess we are maybe in one of those phases where we are talking more and getting more vocabulary and so my understanding dips a little. However, it seems good so we will stick with it at least through the end of the year. I did get information on how to get some grant money for helping us get some OT and other help, so hopefully we can get that because I really feel like she could benefit from some OT and maybe some direct speech therapy. Either way we will see how that turns out, but it wont be for awhile, but at least I know it is an option.

Jan 5. (Pre Aunt Kitt)- SNOW DAY!!
Kylee and Tia in our 'snow castle'

Kylee, Tia, and Me in our snow castle.
Kylee and Tia looking at each other in the tunnel we made.
Kylee coming through the tunnel.
Tia in the tunnel.
Playing in the snow on Aunt Kitt's car.
Jan. 12- My first day with both girls and Gaupo gone. I went running and took a shower. I also managed to blow dry my hair and throw in a couple loads of laundry. I know totally epic right, but it was still kind of weird to go to the Rec Center and have no kids. It make me feel old and actually I am not that old.

Swim Lessons- Both girls are still going to swim lessons. I think they may be getting burned out. I am not sure, so we will do one more session and then see what happens. They are both doing really well, but sometimes you just need a break from constant lessons, but I don't know. Kylee can do her back float she just can keep her tummy up long enough to do it for very long. She can defiantly roll from her back to her front, but still working on that front to back. She loves jumping in to about 3.5 ft of water. She loves to swim and kick and just be in the water. Tia is loving lessons I think, but does'nt really do what she is told. Although, she can swim under water sort of and she is great at jumping in. She can also get rings off the bottom of the pool if it is a little shallower than three ft. She still loves the water and can do things with help, but as with everything she has got to slow down and focus or its going to be awhile. She like to do things real quick and then move on. However, it looks like we have a consistent teacher so hopefully that will help.

Gaupo- Gaupo has started school again and it is definitely not as bad as it could be. He is taking some pretty heavy classes and we were really worried they would be pretty paper heavy, but luckily that is not the case. He has a couple, but for being online Ethics and Digital something or other it could be way worse. Gaupo still enjoys his job and the people he works with. Pokemon Go is still working its magic (actually Gaupo just informed me it is not Pokemon Go that is getting him going it is his work incentive that is getting him going. He really wants an extra vacation day.) in getting him to ride his bike to work if it is nice weather, which we do still have occasionally here. He also got himself a Fitbit with his Christmas money from his Mom and Dad and totally loves the weekly challenges he has with his mom. His mom get like a billion steps a day, but it helps him at least try to move around.

Me- I am doing good. I am not as active as I hoped I would be, and have tons of sugar around to make that habit a really bad idea. I have really enjoyed being able to get in the pool again and at least feel like I have energy to do the things I want to do. I am still watching Trent and Tori. Most days it is really good. I really miss playing with my kids when they are here. I mean I could, but I just get bossy and don't want to play how they play, so it is kind of better if I just let them do there thing. I still love working with the RS. I work with great sisters and we have a great ward. It is always interesting to see how the Lord uses us to do his work. Other than that I am not doing much just kind of living the life of a mom, which is totally awesome. I have great kids who keep my life interesting. I get to watch two other kids who make it that much more crazy. I have a great husband who loves when I handle everything great and when I don't. My life is not what I thought it would, because it is so much better. I wouldn't change it for anything. Just to spolight one of my favorite mom things...the park even in winter. (taken about two weeks ago)
Tia, Tori, and Kylee making a train down the slide.


No comments:

Post a Comment