Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Arizona With Oma

I love going to Arizona for a lot of reasons. The number one is to be home and see my Mom and Dad. If you didn't know my mom and dad are very different and love them for it. They both have unique talents and abilities and I am so glad I have both of them to help me though this journey of life. In the last post I talked about some adventures with my dad, but no visit would be much of a visit without Oma.

You see our Oma is who plays with us whenever Papa is not home. However, like any good mom because they are around all the time sometimes the adventures we have with them get glossed over because we take them for granted because our mom seems like she is always just right there. So, some of my adventures with my mom are simple like when she reads to my kids. If you didn't know my children love books, especially Kylee. I am pretty sure if you were to read to Kylee all day she would listen. Tia doesn't last that long, but I am always impressed at how well Tia will listen for how busy she is. Anyway, I also loved being read to as a kid. My mom reading a book is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, and I also love the sound of my mom's voice reading any other books. So, I love it when she will read to my kids. They love cuddling close to her and listening. Plus, my mom is great at slowing down and asking questions. It is awesome. Everyone loves story time with Oma.

Oma also knows a lot of great places to play. She took us to the splash pad in Thatcher. My girls are not usually real big slash pad people because they water is sprayey instead of surrounding them. So, I wasn't sure how this would go over, but it worked great. Tia's splash world was turned completely around when she finally went through the water. You want to know who she wanted to take her through--Oma. You know who willing went though with her Oma. Let me tell you Tia had a blast at the park and running through the spraying water and it all started with a run though with Oma. Kylee also had a great time and she loved the 'guns.' She loved to changed the direction of the water and squirt it where she wanted. We had a great time at the splash pad. We spend probably an hour and half there. That is amazing because most times it is significantly less than that.

One last great adventure I had with Oma was shopping. My clothes are getting worn out and I really do want to look cute and put together, but shopping with two kids is not my idea of fun. I do like shopping, but I like doing it with someone, but not with my kids so this gets tricky. Anyway, bless Oma's heart she took me shopping. It is true we just went up town (Safford), so there were only two stores, but she patiently watched my children  while I tried on everything I thought might look good. The trouble is almost none of it fit. However, it was good to try it all on. One store had a great spot with a movie and a couple other things in it and a lock on the little door to it, so the kids couldn't get out. Luckily I had Oma, so she could look out for the kiddo's but I thought this was a genius idea. After much trying on, I ended up only getting some basic stuff--black and white understhirts, and black and white nice t-shirts. However, I did try on a cute white dress that I wasn't quite sure about, but later ended up getting and I love it. The cut is so cute and it makes me look all girly. It is all white, so it is kind of risky to wear, but I feel really cute in it, so I guess its worth the risk. Anyway, I am so grateful that Oma took me shopping to get a few new things, because I really needed that. 

I love spending time with my mom. I love that we can just hangout together whether that is at the splash pad, the store, home on the couch, in the pool, or on the phone when we are apart. I love watching tv, and movies with my mom at night. My mom is a lot of what makes my home, my home. So grateful to have a wonderful Mom. Sadly our mom adventures are not documented as well. Oh well, maybe some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment