Sunday, June 11, 2017

A Visit to Aunt Kitt's House

A couple Friday's ago, we went to visit our Aunt Kitt at her house. Tia has occupational therapy on Friday mornings down in Broomfield, which is a little less than halfway to Kitt's house. It was her off Friday, so we decided to go play and I am so glad we did. The traffic getting down there was a little heavier than expected, but not bad and we got there safe and sound. We got there a little bit before Kitt, so we had to wait for just a couple of minutes, but then the fun started.

The girls were so excited to go to Aunt Kitt's house. They were a little leary that I was going to leave them, but I assured them I was not and that I was just here to play with them and Kitt. So, we went into Kitt's house and of course the girls (mainly Tia) wanted to go swimming right away, but it was not warm enough yet. So, we decided to play games for a bit. We played Clue Jr. (Kylee's pick). It is too complex for Tia, so Kitt let her dig through her wallet and just play around on her own while we played. Then we played Curious George Matching. Tia loves this matching game. She loves it and she is good at it. So, we played that at least once, maybe twice. Then we finally caved and went swimming. It was a little chilly in the pool, but once we started swimming it was just fine. We swam and the girls showed Aunt Kitt all their new tricks. Kitt and I had a couple races and contests, so it was great. The girls however, started to get cold, so after keeping them in the pool as long as we could we hopped over to the hot tub. We relaxed in there for a bit and then convinced them to go back in the pool. We jumped in all together. Then I showed Kylee a cannonball. I am honestly not the best cannonballer but I am to a five year-old. So, Kylee was jumping in like crazy working on her cannonballs. Tia jumped for a little while, but then tired of that, so we went to the steps were she could stand and she wanted to swim and be chased and stuff like that. After awhile they tired of the pool, so we back to the hot tub. We sat in there for a bit, and tried to convince the girls to go jump in the pool again, but they refused. So, Kitt and I jumped in and then got out. We laid out on the sidewalk and enjoyed soaking up the heat from the pool deck. After warming there for a few minutes, we went up back up to Kitt's apartment for lunch. We changed and while lunch was cooking Kitt and the girls played 'Go Fish.' Kylee really likes that game and Tia likes it when she has some help to play. Anyway, eventually the Mac and Cheese, hotdogs, and peas were all ready and we had lunch. Then after that we had to get ready to go. I really wanted to stay longer, but I was trying really hard to be good and not break the "rules," so that when I ask if I can go do it again the answer runs a much a better chance of being a Yes.

It was super fun to go to Kitt's house. I had a blast just doing our thing, but doing it with Kitt and doing it somewhere else. I love having a sister, so close and having my kids be old enough that trips like this don't totally shake the foundation of our life. I don't know how long Kitt will stay close, but you know I love that she is here and close. Plus, now that I have proved to myself that I can drive down there and that it actually worked out really well it is a lot more tempting to go play, because it was fairly simple and, so worth it. Family is what it is about and I love that I get to be part of amazing families. 

No comments:

Post a Comment