Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Sometimes We Have the Best Plans

I feel like I am so good at thinking up great things to do and how awesome they will be. What I am not so good at is rolling with things when those plans don't go as I planned. One example is when I wanted to go with a friend on a bike ride. She had to finish cleaning her house first. So, I finished up my chores and headed over to help her with hers, but then as we were getting ready to leave she had a severe case of heartburn and couldn't go. I still wanted to go, so I took her son and my girls and we went. I wasn't planning on being at that park for lunch, but we were and that worked out okay, but made the next plans rushed.
My bike riding gang. Kylee, Tia, and Jensen.
The plan was I was going to let my kids go to 'Maker Monday' at the library, so we hustle home from the park and jump in the car to go and we get there and there is no one in the room. Me being me assumes, "Oh well, we are a little late and its probably just a come and go thing. So, let's get started." I get my girls started and then a librarian comes in and says "We aren't open yet." Me:"Oh, I am so sorry." I am feeling super embarrassed because we are already gluing and cutting paper. She did allow us to take our stuff home, but I still felt bad because I was hoping to do it with everyone else. Turns out "Maker Monday" starts at 2:00 not 1:00. AUGHHHH!!

I feel like a lot of this week was like that day. Where I have great things I want to do and I do get them done, but the way the day and how it goes plays out is nothing like I planned. I can't be the only one that has days like that. Or, sometimes I have no plans and I end up doing a whole bunch of stuff and kind of sort of forget to have fun and be a Mom too. Like on Friday when I was just going to clean the counters off. Well I did that and then the table, and then my room. Which I was in an organizing purging mood, so I went though my closet and got rid of some clothes and shoes. I also managed to go through underneath the bathroom cabinet, clean the bathroom, babysit some kids, have a friend go through the stuff I was giving away, and vacuum the floor. In a lot of ways, I am like wow look at everything I did, but then I get kind of discouraged, because my husband had to figure out what we should have for dinner and make it. I didn't really spend time with my kids and it was just kind of a busy day. I console myself in the fact that I need days like that because eventually I do need to get stuff done and not play, but still I feel like I should have more balance, like today.

I feel a lot better about today. I managed to go running, feed my kids breakfast (even if it was about 9:00). I cleaned mopped the floor, played a little house, chase, and jumped on the tramp. I also managed to have surgery (minor surgery. I got a cyst removed from my neckish area). You know the play seemed to balance out the day. I would love to say it was perfectly balanced, but then tonight I got cranky with my kids. AGHHHH!!

I think we have really great plans and often times things don't turn out perfectly like we think, or we have days that are unbalanced, or times we wish we could take back words or actions. But, I don't think that make us bad parents, just normal. I think it is part of this mortal experience to have things not go just as planned. I think learning to control our actions and words is part of becoming like Christ. I think that balance is one of those things we have to learn because even Christ I am sure had to find balance in his own life between helping others and helping himself. This mortal life is full of challenges and broken plans and paradigms, but it is amazing to me how out of those broken things we become better. I mean I don't want my kids to break stuff because sometimes you can't fix it, but sometimes it happens and they learn a lot from it. I think it is like that, when our plans break, or things don't fit like they should but we keep trying and trying to do what is right we learn and things become what they are meant to be. 

To be honest I don't even know if this post makes sense, but I just felt like before I post about another great thing we did I should post about how sometimes it is not so great, but we just keep moving forward and hold to God's promise that He will make up the difference if we do the best we can, follow Him, and repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment