Sunday, February 19, 2023

Valentine's Day and Play Day

There is nothing quite like Valentine's Day at elementary school. It is electrifying with energy and excitement. I would actually argue that the energy vibe is even stronger than on Halloween. Most kids have their boxes that are homemade. I have noticed some are becoming store bought, but still mostly homemade and in all varieties from super amazing to just a box with stickers and everything in between. Then most kid have their valentines that to some extent they helped pick out or put together and they are so excited to share and receive. It was so fun at drop-off to walk around and see it all.

Oddly enough, as a family we don't do too much to celebrate. This year we bought a dozen doughnuts from Dunkin' Donuts. Everyone got to have 2. My two big girls and Gaupo ate both of theirs at breakfast. The twins and I ate one and then had the other later like at lunch. Gaupo had to work that night, so I fixed the kids their favorite of scrambled pancakes. Other 'fun' included me and Gaupo matching. I meant to get a picture but I didn't. Kylee and Tia had some valentines theme clothes they wore Kade tried, but he didn't have much to work with but did manage to find a shirt that said kindness on it. Abby just straight up didn't want to, so she didn't wear anything V-Day themed. I went and dug hope out some clothes with hearts. It was I felt like a pretty good day of celebration.



We did do a couple other fun things that I linked to Valentine's Day. One was buying Gaupo the ice cream, spinach, and candy he added to my grocery list. He got me flowers. Well, actually I jumped the gun and bought them for myself while I was at the store on Thursday night, but he swore he was going to so we will give the credit for my pretty flowers to him. Then we made fish taco's for a fancy lunch on Saturday.

The other highlight of the week was Friday. The kiddo's had a four-day weekended so we went out to the Blaylock's to visit them and Oma. I took all the kids with me and Gaupo took the day off work. Guapo stayed home and watched a couple movies, played games, and had a much needed day to himself while we went and played. I was pretty worried about how it would go because Kitt only had her baby like 3-ish weeks ago and the girls slept over at their cousins, so I wasn't sure if they would be cooperative enough for it to be a good day, but they did great. I did bring and audio book, a book, and some games to help with quiet time. But really, the kids played well with Jay when he was awake, the twins and Hope took naps, and the big girls played on their own for a bit during naptime. We managed to stay at Kitt's without driving her nuts until 5 at which time we left to get home to have dinner with Gaupo and a movie night. I love hanging out with my sisters and mom. It is just so good for the heart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment