Sunday, February 11, 2024

2/11/24

 I don't remember why I didn't take a chance to write last week, but man was it tempting to skip again. I guess it just shows that consistency is key to making good habits.

Nothing real exciting is happening around here right now. Kitt came over on Monday to just hangout. That was pretty fun. Jay did not want to take a nap and so sadly a lot of naptime Kitt had to spend wrestling him to see if he would fall asleep. However, we did cover a bunch of pretzels in chocolate, so we have been enjoying ours all week. Tuesday night was a combine youth activity to kick-off the new year and introduce the new youth. I got to introduce Kylee. It was pretty fun to watch Kylee that night. Somehow she was invited by the deacons to sit in front with them, so there is Kylee in the middle of this row of boys just loving life. Then after the activity she tried playing keep away with them. Kylee is not super aggressive, but she had fun and they kept letting her play. Maybe your wondering where the other young women were. Well, during the activity they were by their parents in the second row opposite from Kylee and after I have no idea they kind of disappeared. I am glad Kylee could enjoy and have fun on her own.

Wednesday night was swim lessons. All the kids currently have them on Monday and Wednesday evenings. Everyone is improving and it makes everyone pretty tired which is great. Thursday I woke up with my throat hurting. I was going to go to the doc but ultimately decided that it wasn't strep so there was no point. I was right its not strep, but I am still sick. Its been a nasty cold/flu virus. It has been the most rough for sleep because my legs have just ached at night. Also, I am not the only one sick which is a bummer, but hopefully by this next weekend we will all be better so we can enjoy the four-day weekend.

Kylee taught in YW for the first time this week. I think it went pretty well. She was grateful for the adult leaders who chipped in with answers since the young women in her class are pretty quiet. I think over all she felt pretty good about it.

Roxy, Tia, Betty, Allen,Kade, and Kylee with the snowmen they made last weekend

Abby and Kade having a tea party

Abby and Kade coloring this branch with chalk


No comments:

Post a Comment