Sunday, May 12, 2024

Girls' Weekend

 April has ended and May is off to a rapid start. It is so easy these run out of time. Like right now I have a boy watching the clock like a hawk for it to be 3:00, so that I can help him make his treat for Family Home Evening. But you know what girls weekend taught me about feeling like most my time and energy goes to my family--I wouldn't want it any other way!

I left at 5:45 on my birthday to Linsday's house and then on to Kitt's. From there, Matthew took us to the airport and we flew to Arizona for the weekend. It was such a low key relaxed weekend. My favorite part was not being interrupted. I just got to fully enjoy the moment with no kid bathroom, lunch, nap, or time-out breaks. It was so wonderful and freeing. Friday morning I got to soak up Stanton. We played outside in the backyard, went to that park, and got to share breakfast and lunch together. It was crazy to see Piper and no she wasn't my baby girl. Like it was super trippy. I am not 100% sure why but she was fun and cute and it was fun to see her. Kitt, Klaire, Lindsay and I left to go to Kara's house about 1:30. We arrived at Kara's before the boys naps had ended and before the big boys got home from school. Klaire and Lindsay had to go get Klaire hair fixed. While they did that we talked to Kara and her kiddos. I had little gifts for each boy and it was kind of fun to give them a little something something. When Klaire and Lindsay got back we offically started our 'party.' First we went to model homes, and then went and picked up Domino's pizza. Being the mom's we are we enjoyed that pizza at a fun park. After chatting and dinner we checked into our hotel. We could not have picked a hotel more reminiscent of our childhood hotel stays. A little older, slightly quirky, clean, and complete with pool and continental breakfast. We settled into our room and then went and enjoyed the pool. Well Kara and I enjoyed the pool. Kitt and Klaire enjoyed the hot tub, and Lindsay enjoyed the pool deck. It was amazing to swim in an outdoor pool. My sisters humored me in waiting until I was done and then we all headed upstairs to shower, chat, do silk hands, and go to bed.

Saturday was our day to do whatever we decided. We had breakfast, then painted nails, and checked out of the hotel. Then we went to DI. Everyone found a little something something. I got a fun new dress and shirt, plus a couple things for Kylee. After DI we met my mom and loaded her into the mom van and we went to Top Golf. It really is like bowling, but golfing instead. I did really bad at both games. However, it was really fun to play a sport that none of us do. So, no one knew what they were doing. Then we wanted to pass a little more time before dinner, so we went to the mall. It was so weird to be able to walk in and out of stores with no one asking for anything or little hands worrying you they would break or touch the wrong thing. At Dillard's Klaire and I got our eye make-up done. That was fun. Then we went to dinner at 7 Guys Burgers. It was super good. Then we went to Culver's for ice cream. We ate outside which I totally think may have triggered some allergies for some of my sisters. I always forget that can happen. However, it was so nice! It was warm, with a little breeze. We stayed there for almost two hours just chatting and enjoying being together. We eventually went home to shower and get ready for Sunday.

Sunday was church and family dinner. I took a nap after church. I watched my nephew's play, helped with dinner, and enjoyed chatting with everyone. It was just so relaxed. That night was probably our latest night but we still went to bed around 11:00. Monday we went to the park with Kara, Hank, Jett, and Levi. Then when Levi went to school we enjoyed just Hank and Jett for a bit. It was fun to play with those boys they are crazy and fun and happy. Then we had lunch and went to the airport. On the flight home I was seated next to this lady and we chatted with the man next to us the whole flight. It was very enjoyable. 


It was a great weekend. I thought it would be a little bit of a crazy weekend but it wasn't. At first I was kind of weirded out by that but you know what it was perfect. I didn't need crazy. My everyday is crazy. I needed uninterrupted time to just enjoy the people that get me. When I am with my sisters, I don't have to explain myself. They know about me now, they know my past, and then some stuff they just get because we grew up together. It was so refreshing. When I got home I was so much more ready to be a mom. I loved the weekend, but I really did miss my kids. I missed watching them play with cousins. I missed them needing me. I missed feeling safe with Jason and having his emotional support. I missed my family. That was such a great feeling because for me it means I really love what I do. Don't get me wrong, I needed my time away, but I was also glad that I missed my family. I have come from a great bunch of people and I have a great bunch of people. I got to be one of the luckiest people.

One random thing before I go. Today is Mother's Day and Kade gave me a card that he made yesterday when he was being babysat while I was at the temple. It had some writing in it so I asked him what it said, He replied he didn't know I needed to read it. So I read, "Dear mom, You are the best. I love you! Love, Kade." Then I asked "Is that what it says?" "Yep," he replied. Then he took the card. A little bit later he came back opened the card and said, "It also says, Buy Kade a dog." HAHAHA!! Oh this little boy and his want for a dog is real. Kylee was slightly horrified and question stated to Kade, "You asked mom to buy you a dog in her Mother's Day card!?" 

On that note off to help with track building and cake making!

Linsday Kitt, and I on the way to AZ

Pizza at the park

The MOM van

Me, Lindsay, Kara, Kitt, Klaire, Mom

Me and my burger at 7 Brothers

In the bay at Top Golf

Me at Top Golf

Dinner at 7 Brothers. Thanks Oma and Papa.


No comments:

Post a Comment