Sunday, May 26, 2024

That's A Wrap

 This week was the last week of the 23-24 school year. I feel like it has been quite a year for our family. We have had a lot of really good things, some really hard things, growth, and fun this year. My kids all had teachers that were perfect for them. 

Kylee had the best math teacher for her. Mrs. Frade always took time to answer Kylee's questions and explain things to her and she always believed Kylee could do it which was awesome. Becuase of Mrs. Frade, Kylee currently wants to become a middle school math teacher. Kylee tried so many things this year. She tried: volleyball, basketball, band, strategy game club, student council, attending young women's, and going to school with her cousin. One other person that made a huge difference in Kylee's year is Parker Merritt. He was in her homeroom class and her Sunday school class at church and they had a great time together. I love that he was around for Kylee to have some one to have a good time with during class when all of the other people she knew were somewhere else. I love watching who Kylee is becoming. She is quite the gal and its been fun to watch her lead and learn this year.

Tia also had the perfect teacher for her. Ms. Topouzoglou helped Tia enjoy school. She let Tia answer questions and didn't ever make her feel like she was dumb when she got them wrong. She looked out for Tia but didn't solve her problems for her. Ms. T and Ms. Blase (Tia's special ed teacher) worked really well together and made sure Tia had work that challenged and taught her. Tia worked really hard on reading at home this year and she is currently reading Fablehaven with me and is so excited. I am impressed she sticks with it because it is really hard for her, but in true Tia fashion she just keeps trying and going. We have had quite a time trying to get her ADHD meds right for her this year and I hope we have found something, but we will just have to see how it progresses. Tia was excited for summer but bummed to have to be home with me all day because she loved spending time at school with her teacher.

Kade had Mrs. Evans again and he has done so well this year. I worry a little about him making friends and being social, but otherwise he is doing great. He went to school a few times without Abby this year. He answered questions in class and usually had a story to tell too. He was very aware of what was going on and how school should run. He did have fun playing with the boys in his class and he just enjoyed so much more this year than last. It was such a great year for him.

Abby was a little social butterfly this year. She was always playing with friends at school and at home. Her best friend at school was Cora. They loved playing with each other there and have even had a couple play dates outside of school. Abby also loves playing with our neighbor Ella Davis. Summer is going to be hard for this girl who has really loved having friends. She has also grown academically. She loves writing and coloring. She so want to figure out how these letters make reading happen. She is very aware of whats going on around her. She has become quite competitive so we have to work on trying not to compare ourselves to others. Anyway, she has loved school and is so excited for Kindergarten.

Hope hasn't gone to school, but this little girl is the best supporter of her siblings. She has watched more ball games, field days, school parties, and concerts in her short lifetime that possibly all of her other siblings combine. She has loved the pool whenever we have taken her swimming. She kicks an floats and turns all over with her puddle jumper on. She loves the slides. She also loves all other water: baths, puddles, buckets, sprinklers, water features, all of it. This kid really likes the water. This last week I took her to the pool and totally forgot her puddle jumper and she waltzed into the pool like always and I was trying to help Kylee and Tia and I glance over real quick and I knew the next step she would be under. Sure enough, so I charged through the water and grabbed her. It was a kind scary moment for me, but one I am grateful for because it reminded me I have to be aware. No one knows my kid like me. The lifegaurd just thought she was going to bob back up (he came and apologized to me) and the parents right there probably thought the same thing, but I knew because she is my kid. Its my job to keep her safe and so I have to be to super vigilant about where she is. It was good to have a strong reminder about how aware I need to be around water.

It was the last week of school, but it was also the first couple days of summer. The first day we met up with the cousins and played at the park for a couple hours and had a picnic lunch. Then the next day Allen and Roxy came to play while their parents went to the temple and then we had the first of the summer wiener roasts. Summer is off to a good start and I am hoping it will continue to be good.

These two humored me and dressed a like one day this week.

Hope

Hope and I had to get the tires rotated so we killed sometime window shopping

Tia at field day



Tia and Ms. T

The first cookout


No comments:

Post a Comment