Sunday, September 8, 2024

What We Are Up To

 I really don't feel like I have much to report, but I have some time this Sunday afternoon so I thought I would try. School has been in for about 3 weeks. For the most part it seems to be going well for everyone. Kylee had her first week of dive club this week. Its 20 minutes away from us, but she really likes it so I think its a good sport change for her. Kade, Abby, and Tia will start swim lessons this week. That will be the last back to school thing we add. Kade and Abby are loving school and their teacher. Abby always talks about friends, and Kade always seems really excited about whatever happened at school. So far, I have learned they can't talk about guns, bombs, or poison. Apparently the little boys are playing some interesting games. Tia seems to be doing okay in school. She still doesn't have any friends her age, but she still loves going and started Student Council and loves feeling part of the school.

Hope, Tia, and Abby on the pool deck watching

Kylee jumping off


Gaupo is still working at the library. Its been over 10 years since we started there and most days he still really likes it. He likes what he does, and has pretty good people to work with. I love that he gets to be home for lunch, can still ride his bike to work, and that his schedule is flexible enough to help me with our five kids. I feel so blessed at how involved he can be with the day to day things of our lives. As for me, I spend a great amount of time planning and implementing the plan for how to get everyone everywhere, feed everyone, try to teach the gospel to our children, and be around for anything else. I also have been planning part of our Stake Family Festival event and so some of my time has gone there too. Honestly, between therapies, doctors appointments, activities, feeding everyone, and helping with homework and practicing I am pretty busy, but I feel so blessed that I get to be here for all of it. I get to be home with Hope playing, cleaning, preping dinner, and making her laugh. I can be home right when my kids get home from school. Lately, I have had the chance to pick up Kylee and our friend Emmett from middle school and its been so great to have a little time together. 

Labor day weekend we did do a couple unusual things. Saturday we had no plans, and I decided we didn't need to do chores, so we asked the kids what they wanted to do and honestly they couldn't think of much. The big girls wanted to do a 3 movie marathon, but I said I need to prep for that kind of thing. Anyway, we ended up finished the kids tree house. We like how it turned out, and the kids (especially Kade, Abby and our neighbor Ella) have had a great time playing in it. Sunday, Kitt finally got home from Germany, so we took them dinner and then stayed for dinner. It was really fun to see them again, know they were home, see their souvenirs, and enjoy them. They were a little sleep deprived but I thought they handled all of us really well. Monday we went to Lavern M Johnson with both the Bryce's and the Blaylocks. There was river play, rock jumping, splash padding, playground playing, and picnicking. It was a pretty fun day. We finished off the day with a movie. It was a fun family filled weekend.





Abby and Hope at the splash pad

Hope

Kade

This weekend has been busy too. Friday was Gaupo's Friday/Saturday switch. We took the opportunity to go to a local coffee shop. Gaupo got a gift card and we wanted to use it. So, we got Italian soda's and a frozen campfire cocoa. The sodas were okay but the campfire cocoa was awesome! We decided that next time we will just get a big frozen campfire cocoa. We also got some shopping done. Gaupo cleaned up our entertainment area and garage while Hope and I went to pickleball. It was a nice surprise to come home to more space in the garage and so much of the TV area organized. That night we went to our ward's adult only ice cream social. Saturday was a busy day too. Gaupo had to work, so it was just me and the kids. We went to new parade that the school district did that kind of showed off all the education things. The new parade route was right outside the library so that made it super easy to do. After the parade we went to the library and got some new books. Then we went home and had lunch. After lunch I started canning peaches. I roped the kids in but the older two tapped out after about 12 peaches. Kade and Abby stuck around for quite awhile and Abby I got to come back later and help again. All in all it took me about 4.5 hours to can 13 bottles of peaches, and get the kitchen cleaned up. I will say that Kylee was a big help with cleanup of both the house and the kitchen, and Tia was a good help with getting things for me when I needed them. When it was done and cleaned up we headed to our neighborhood block party. It was fun to meet people and gather together. Today we went to a Luthern church. It was my first time ever attending a different church. We went because our neighbor Wyatt was being baptized. It was interesting to see how other worship. We left a little early so that we could get to our meetings, but I am glad we could go support them, but also allow for our family to have some great talks about why we do what we do, what we believe, and how there is good everywhere and that we support people we love in the good things they do. I will admit it felt very nice to our church where everything was familiar, but I am still glad we went. My favorite parts of the Luthern service were when they got up and hugged each other and wished each other peace, and did a smattering of visiting. I also liked how the congregation joined in the baptism by agreeing to help Wyatt in his spiritual journey. I think its so important to have people help you along the way. I also loved watching my neighbors love their congregation and pastors. It was very nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment