Monday, April 4, 2011

Adventure Confections

So this semester I took one of the most temperature sensitive classes ever, called confections aka candy making. When the semester started I was pretty sure I was going to fail. I usually managed to make a couple of things wrong. I had to try butter mints (pillow mints) four times, and then fudge 3 times before I got them right. I also had to learn how to temper chocolate which is a pain because you only have about a 2 degree window in which to work. Needless to say I was lacking in skills, patience, and success at the beginning of this semester. I even told Guapo, my mom, and my teacher I was going to fail so I might as well not even graduate. Well, as the semester wore on I took some time outside class to work on the assignments and slowly, ever so slowly I began to get better. Now I have successfully made my mid-term, finished all of my competinces, and finished my edible themed box. Basically I finished confections all I have left is to pass the written exam.

I learned a lot this semester and though it was difficult and my projects still aren't perfect, I think that my project turned out pretty well. I would have to say Adventure Confections--Successful.
 

Box with top moved


Inside of box


Outside of box


No comments:

Post a Comment