Sunday, April 3, 2011

Adventure Tradition Blending

Usually Guapo and I head out of the Frozen Tundra any chance we get and go to our get away place, but because of the Grand adventure of moving we decided we should stay in town this weekend for General Conference. Well, with staying in town it meant that we had to decided what we were going to do about this special weekend. My traditions for that weekend are watch as many sessions of conference as possible, have a girls party, and work outside between sessions. Guapo's traditions are a little bit different, so started the adventure of how we were going to combine our two upbringings. We kept the tradition of watching all the sessions, but on Saturday afternoon instead of sitting and watching we worked on packing up our food, which allowed us to break the horrible tradition of falling asleep during that session. Then Guapo was kind enough to let me keep my girl's party tradition. That had a twist because usually I only do it with family, but this time I had my old roommate, and another friend come over to my house where we had homemade pizza. Then we went over to my friend Vampire's house where we did girl things like homemade alvacodo face masks, and a chick-flick. It was AWESOME!! Then today we are do Guapo things like watching conference and his favorite tradition--Monkey Bread. It looks amazing, and our two traditions have molded together into a wonderful weekend of happiness. So, until next this is Adventure Girl making a big deal out of something so small.


Our Monkey Bread

1 comment:

  1. That does look good! Great traditions! The part about falling asleep during the second session made me chuckle. Keep up the good blogging.

    ReplyDelete