Thursday, April 14, 2011

The End and Once Upon an Adventure (Warning: Long Entry)

So the end has come, but luckily not for this blog. It is just the end of my tenure at college. Oh, it was a wonderful experience full of happiness, pain, work, play, and learning. It was needless to say AWESOME!! I love it, all of it even the hard parts. I learned so much about me and that my potential is endless. To put a great ending on the most spectacular adventure yet, college, I decided to attended my commencement and convocation. Convocation was on Friday night and it was pretty good, but the best part was when everyone came over to my clubhouse for pizza and visiting. It was really fun because so much family was there. My in laws were there, my parents and sisters, my grandparents, and my aunt, uncle, and a few cousins. It was a blast. After the party Guapo, my sisters, and I went and had a sleepover at our cousins house (my apartment is a little too small for all of us). It was so great we didn't get to bed until 1:00AM, oops.

It was all fun until we had to get up to attend commencement the following morning. Commencement was my favorite part of graduation because I got to talk to people I knew while I was waiting in line. Then the coolest thing happened as we were walking into the auditorium all the teachers lined the entrance and applauded us. It was so cool. It just makes you feel so accomplished and thing. It was great. Commencement speakers did a really good job, and over all it was just awesome.
Receiving my diploma at convocation.
So, this is were the end and the beginning start to overlap. Upon the end of commencement, all of my family retreated back to my apartment pausing, and detouring along the way for a couple of final photos. Once we arrived at my apartment it was time to get moving. We cleared everything out of the apartment. Loading up our huge budget truck.
Amazingly it only took about two hours to get everything all loaded up and ready to go. I was so afraid that the truck would be way too big for all of our stuff but it turns out if we lay everything in a single layer on the floor then we fill the truck up just right. After we finished loading up the truck and cleaning the apartment my parents took us out to dinner at Big Judd's. I will just say that is was a great 1 lb. burger and ice cream, and it was worth the wait. I would show pictures of our wonderful meal, but they are on Vanilla's camera, so ask her to see them. After dinner we piled in the cars and truck and left Rexburg forever. (Alright maybe not forever, but for a very long time) We drove to Getaway Spot and stayed until Sunday afternoon and then went to Green Acres till Monday.

Monday we started are trek to what I will refer to as Homebase. It is a long way to Homebase and I had to drive there all by myself following Guapo and the big truck. AHHHH. It was such a long drive. Since we didn't have an apartment to go to a lovely couple offered to let us stay with them until we could find a place. So here we are at Homebase, we have an apartment to move into on Saturday, and Guapo started his job and I am trying to run from boredom, but we will see. Sorry this was so long, but a lot has happened, but if you have read till here then, well you have caught up on the life of Adventure Girl.

1 comment:

  1. That is not a long post!! I was expecting it to take me like 15 minutes to read.. you tricked me!

    ReplyDelete