Friday, March 1, 2013

Gratitude

A couple of nights ago as Gaupo and I were going to sleep we started talking about all the miracles that have happened in our lives in the past 4 years. I then said to him, it is so easy to see how God helped us so much in the past, but right now they seem harder to see. Then being the great guy that he is replied "There are lots of miracles that have happened in our lives in the past 3 months." So I asked, "what." These are a few that he said.
  • We got to go on vacation. That is a miracle we took a two week long vacation at the end of the year. It was a miracle to have the time, catch all the events that we did, and be able to afford it.
  • Little One. She is working on walking right now. That is crazy because three months ago she wasn't even crawling.
  • All the experiences I am having at work. True we may not always want them, but we are learning a lot and they are experiences we wouldn't get anywhere else.
He may have had others but I can't think of them right now. However, the profoundness of that night was not in what he said but that after he said his he asked me "what can you see?" That caused me to reflect and come up with my own, and boy howdy did I truly see the Lord's hand in my/our life.
  • He knows when I can't take it anymore and makes Little One sleep, stop crying, smile, give me a hug, etc.
  • He has helped me many time get out of bed when I just wanted 10 more minutes.
  • Guapo loves his English class, and comes home happy every time.
  • We will finish with Grad's school in July instead of October.
  • I have time everyday to read and study the scriptures.
  • Gaupo and I have jobs that allow us to not only provide for ourselves, but allow us to be parents. I get to stay home all day with Little One.
  • Financially he has worked miracles. Every time I see the numbers in the account I think how is that possible, why is that way. Then I remember because he cares.
  • Little One is for the most part happy, and most of all she is growing well.
  • I have worked out at least 3 times a week even though it is cold.
  • I got a new friend. She is one of the sisters I visit teach and I need her at this point in my life. I have actually found I need all of them, but this one specifically.
  •  I have had an over abundance of peace and joy. Even though I don't really feel like I should be either one of those sometimes-- I am at least one of those most of the time.
These are just a few of the things the Lord has blessed me with. He has blessed me with the Gospel and my testimony, more patience though I am still working on that. He has given me scriptures my family on all sides. He has also listened to me many times when I needed him. However, two of his greatest gifts to me are these two.

Love them both so much.

2 comments:

  1. From reading this, it looks like you work from home. I'm trying to look for something that I can do from home after my baby is born in June while hubby is finishing school. What is it that you do, and do you have any suggestions? You can e-mail me or facebook me. Hope life is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog and all the posts! Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings. Little one is adorable and I can't believe she's one already!

    ReplyDelete