Thursday, March 28, 2013

Firsts For Me

This week I don't feel like anything exciting has happened, but then I got to thinking about how I really needed to write something, and I have come up with two great things.

The first one took place last Saturday. I went to my first baby shower that was not my own. Weird huh. I have friends, and siblings who have had them, but I have always lived too far away to attend. The shower was for Emily Werrett. She is a sister that moved into our ward this summer. She wanted the shower to be small, and it got even smaller when there was a crazy snow storm on Saturday. However, it was super fun. We had great food: orange rolls, M&Ms, fruit, jello cake cupcakes, pretzels, salsa and chips, cream cheese chocolate chip bars (really good), and banana bread.  We did a lot of talking which we all enjoyed, but we also played a couple of games. We played one where you had to not say the word 'baby' an if you did you lost a pacifier thing we had. That is not really my favorite game, because it makes people cautious of what they say, or they stop talking, or something. However, I actually ended up winning only because I caught someone once. The other game we played was where you drew one part of a baby and then passed the paper and everyone added too it until the baby was done. Oh man, that was so funny. Either way I thought it was a very fun baby shower.

The other first I had this week was having someone over to my house. I must clarify this because I have had people over, but never just a friend and her kids, and never during the day. On Wednesday, it was a BEAUTIFUL day, but I didn't feel like running, but I also didn't want waste such good whether, so I called my friend Bethany Blaine, and asked her if she wanted to go on a walk. She said, "Sure, but my boy is asleep." I said, "No problem, just call me when he wakes up and we will go then." I expected it to be a long nap, so I got Little One in the bike trailer and we rode over to the park. We were able to play for a little while, but then Bethany called and said that her son woke up. So, we went home and met her there. It was such a good walk. Neither of us really wanted to stop because it was so nice to be outside, and talking. It was great. So, when she was about to her house I asked if she wanted to join us for lunch. She agreed and we went to my house for a scrumptious lunch of sandwiches. Our kids really enjoyed each other and it was really fun to watch them. However, Little One needs to learn to not touch faces. Oh well, he survived and I think still enjoyed everything. It was so fun to have someone over and to talk. Especially someone who is so happy. Bethany is just a very positive person, and I love it. I want to be like that, positive.

That pretty much sums up my most recent firsts. They may not sound that grand but you know what I really enjoyed them, and even want to do them again. These are the adventures of life. It is just doing little things that brighten a day or a week. Moments.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest adventuregirl, You are positive. Look at this post, all positive. When I think of you I think of optimism, so don't get down on not being positive. :) And, thanks for writing. This made me happy, and about Little One touching faces...hehehehe classic little kid.

    ReplyDelete