Thursday, March 5, 2015

3 Years Old

Well my sweet Kylee girl turned three. I can't believe I have a three year-old. It really blows my mind and makes me feel really old. However, I wouldn't trade her for anything and I am so glad that three years ago she entered my life and completely changed it for the better. I love being a Mom and I am lucky to have my Kylee for a daughter.

So, to celebrate this momentous event we celebrated in style. We started off the morning, presents. I had set it all up the night before so that when she came down there was her birthday sign, balloons, and presents. Anyway, she took her time opening the presents she wanted to play with everything, so we let her. She opened two presents before Gaupo had to get ready to go to the dentist to have a cavity filled and then we squeaked in one more present before he left. While he was gone we played with the toys she got, talked to Grandma and Grandpa, and video chatted with Oma. Kylee was loving all the attention and Tia was so confused about where all the attention that she normally get had gone. Oh it was pretty funny.

Kylee first thing with her balloon, birthday sign, and up of milk.
Kylee opening Oma's present. Tia wondering what it is.
Kylee with her bat. She has been playing 'bat' with sticks and balls so now she has 'real' bat.

Princess stuff.
All dressed up in her princess stuff.
Wooden block set made mostly by me.
When Gaupo got home from the dentist we had breakfast. The only thing that Kylee wanted was hot chocolate, but being the awesome mom that I am I also had eggs and muffins to help her try and balance out the amount of chocolate she wanted. She ate her eggs, tolerated the muffin, ignored her smoothie, and LOVED her hot chocolate. When she makes up her mind she really does know what she wants and likes. After breakfast we put Tia down and then Kylee opened up her last two gifts. It was fun to watch her because one of the presents was clothes and she wanted to try everything on, so we let her. Then she finally picked the outfit she wanted and wore it for a bit and then changed again and kept that on the whole day. The rest of the morning was spent playing.

Her box of clothes.
Butterfly tunnel. She played and still plays a ton with this.
She probably spent about 30 min or more going through it just like this.
Lunch was nothing special, except I did get Kylee some cottage cheese which she loved so for her it was a big deal. Then it was naps. Kylee really wasn't interested in one, but I knew she was tired, so I told her the plans for the day and told her if she wanted to stay up and do all of them than she needed to go to sleep. Guess what? She did she just laid down and fell asleep no problem. Oh what a silly girl.

So after naps and when Jason got home for his "lunch" we had hamburgers. That is what Kylee said she wanted, but I was sure that she would turn up her nose and tell me "ewe gross." But as always I was wrong and she loved it. Then we had her "cake." It was pudding that I made kind of layery and then topped with M&Ms, Hersey's bars, and gummy worms. She ate like a bit and then ate the gummy worms. I don't know about that kid. I just cant seem to get the cake right, but she seems to love all the pieces just not all together. Oh well, maybe next year we will get it right.

This girl is kind of like me, not real big on fire.
My wonderful little Kylee.
Daddy and his little girls.
Me and my girls.
Following dinner and sending Daddy back to work we went swimming. It was probably one of the best days we have had at the pool in a long time. They both had a blast. They splashed, went down the slides, walked around, and laughed. Tia got really brave and did the slides all by herself and managed to stay sitting up. She also tried to walk by herself in the water which was okay for a bit and then she would face plant. I was kind of worried she would have a tummy ache for too much water, but she slept great so I guess it was all good. Kylee was also very brave and walked under the features to get to the slides.  That is a first for her because she hates water of ANY kind over her head, and by that I also mean the shower or water that is not falling on her. It was a big move for her.

After swimming we came home and had baths and put Tia to bed. Then Papa called to wish Kylee a happy birthday and then we watch Frozen. Kylee has been wanting to watch that movie for awhile so she got to stay up and watch it with mommy. It was super fun to cuddle on the couch together. After the movie she went to bed. It made it a late night for her, but I think she had a great time because she will still sing Happy Birthday to herself, and ask me if its still her birthday.

I love this amazing girl. She is great at living life to its fullest. She loves to sing, dance, dress-up, talk, eat chocolate, talk on the Ipad, go to the park, go to babysitting, and play with Tia. She is a good big sister and she is really good at getting Tia to laugh. Kylee can do all kinds of cool things like somersault, tell you colors in Spanish (its mostly memorization, but it has to start somewhere right?), she can count to 10 in both Spanish and English. Kylee can sing a ton of songs. She can get dressed almost all on her own. Her favorite things to wear are shorts, jingle socks, and her sparkly shoes. She loves all things sparkly and princessey. She also loves dinosaurs, trains, stickers, and books. She is a wonderful girl. I am so excited we get to spend all day everyday together.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, it sounds like an awesome party!!!! :) How fun, I can't believe she is already 3...seems like yesterday she was a little babe getting blessed.

    ReplyDelete