Tuesday, March 10, 2015

3rd Annual Merrill B-Day Bash

Honestly, I really don't know what to blog about, so this is what you get--another Birthday celebration post with no pictures. Anyway, when we moved out here to Colorado we got to meet our wonderful bishop's family and wouldn't you know it there last name is Merrill and so is ours. We thought that was super cool and became friends. Well fast forward almost a year and we had a baby. That sweet little Kylee girl happened to be born on Heather Merrill's birthday (that's the bishops wife). So, when Kylee's first birthday came around of course they wanted to help us celebrate and we have been having a birthday celebration in March ever since.

This year we did it on the 7th which happens to be the Merrill's twins birthday. It was the perfect day. We decided to do pizza for dinner. I made bread sticks and a salad to accompany the pizza they provided. I really want to one day find out how to make R&R bread sticks but I haven't figured it out yet, so I have to keep experimenting. This round of bread sticks I used my mom's crescent roll dough recipe, and then cut into strips twisted them. Then I brushed them with olive oil and baked them. Then when they came out I brushed them with butter and topped with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese. They were really good. The only things I would really change is maybe more butter, and possible garlic powder instead of salt. However, they were still pretty good. Anyway, dinner was scrumptious and the company marvelous. After dinner we talked for a bit, and then their kids wanted to play Apples to Apples. I think as mom's we could have just talked and called it a wonderful night, but the kids I think wanted to be included. Anyway, we played for until 7:00. It was so fun and very interesting to play with a people who are ALL very literal. Almost no one went for the opposite, or funniest, but just the one that best matched. That was a little different for me. After games we had quick brownies and ice cream and then came home. It was simple party, but really fun. Also the girls got a new "bike" out of it and have loved playing with that for the last three days. It is kind of fun because now they both have something to ride around the loop.

In other random news, Tia is walking a lot more now. She still mainly crawls, but she walks quite often too. I am hoping to get a video of her doing it before she goes pro, but we will see. Kylee got her scholarship from the rec center, so I am going to enroll her in swimming lessons for the next session. Both Kylee and Tia are still loving the pool and are getting braver all the time. We are starting to get rid of Tia's morning nap and soon her pacifier. My girls are growing up and life is wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment