Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Humdrum of Life

I would by no means say we go around doing really exciting things, but I am enjoying what we are doing.

First off, I didn't get the blog updated last week because I was being crafty. I made myself a skirt. It has pockets and a zipper. It wouldn't win any awards at a fair, but it fits, looks cute, and makes me feel very accomplished so I would say a success. I was so afraid that is was going to be too small because  I bought the wrong size pattern, but luckily it turned out and I loved wearing it to church. Here is a picture of me styling my skirt.

Here I am with weird face.
As for the humdrum of life we are loving the warmer weather. It makes me super antsy for summer, but I still love it. The girls and I have been going to the park, riding bikes, taking walks, and opening up the windows to let the warm golden sunlight fill our home. Kylee is getting really pretty good at riding her bike. It takes her a lot of effort to pedal still, but she loves. She makes many, many a loop between "Brian's house" and ours. Tia also likes her bike though not quite as much as Kylee. However, Tia is officially a walker as of today. Today she crawled like maybe 2 times. All of her other movement was walking, and she LOVES it. I think it makes her really tired, but man that girl keeps chugging along until you leave her alone to fall asleep.

Like I mentioned above both the girls and I love going to the park. I love letting them swing, climb, slide, play in the dirt, and just be free to run around. These two girls of mine love to follow each other, laugh, scream, and copy one another. It is so funny.

Green waffles to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.
We got our new back door yesterday. It is so nice. I love that my curtains can stay tied back all the time and yet no one can see me if I don't want them to. I also love that there are no strings attached to the blinds, both the door and the screen lock, the girls can open the screen if it is unlocked, and it looks so clean and pretty. I love it.


On Saturday we got our yard spruced up a bit. We still have some weeds we need to take care of, but the bushes are trimmed and the dirt turned and few weeds pulled. While I was pulling weeds Tia decided to take her first trip into the road. Good/bad thing my neighbor saw it. It was good he told me, and bad that it made me look like a bad parent, and I am NOT. It was just a moment. Anyway, I was of course paranoid thereafter that she would head to the road, so it made it that much harder to get work done.

Kylee started swimming lessons on Monday. I just about cried when I had to send her down to the pool all by herself, and then I counted my blessings that Kindergarten isn't for another 2 years. I am just not at all ready for that. Anyway, she walked bravely leading her class down the stairs and by the pool, and then slowly got passed by each of her classmates and they marched further into the pool and she stopped walking and then turned around to head out. They couldn't get her in the pool until like the last 10 minutes when an assistant carried her into the water. However, she did let them pour some water on her head which is good, because she hates when I do that to her. Also, she does talk about swimming lessons with excitement and she wants to go back. Hopefully she will improve and get in there and learn so we can really learn some good swim techniques. Other than swimming Kylee is her normal self. She still loves her books, attention, chocolate and playing.

Kylee pretending she is getting married. I let her borrow my bouquet for just a couple of minutes. She thought it was so great.
Tia has finally started making some noises that sound like words like "Mama" and "Dada." She is also getting very good at signing water, more, please, and all done.

That is kind of how we are rolling around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment