Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Fun Moments

So, as I mentioned in my last post sickness entered our home once again this last week. It started on Monday when Jason and Kylee got pink eye. Then on Tuesday night, I got super achey, and then Wednesday I woke up with a super sore throat. Finally on Thursday the achyness was gone, but I was left with a sore throat and runny nose. Now I don't have a sore throat, but I have a cough that I have also passed on to my kids. WONDERFUL! (said in much sarcasm) In addition to the sickness it has been cloudy, rainy, and not very warm. Even more AWESOME! (sarcasm again) Despite all this gloom and doom we have had some wonderful moments.

The first one happened about two weeks ago when the rain rolled in. We were on our way out of the Rec Center and there were huge puddles and my girls had a blast playing in them. My mom will appreciate this: Kylee happened to be wearing her NEW sparkle shows while plowing through these puddles. They were having such a great time. I just couldn't help, but smile and enjoy there shear joy of making splashes clear up to their heads.

See Kylee with those stomps. She had a great time.
Tia sloshing through. She was the one who started it.
There were probably some in between, but the next one I want to highlight happened on Friday. It was kind of a rough day and Gaupo came home and didn't want to eat what was on the schedule. So, after much deliberation we decided to go out to Subway for dinner. We picked out our sandwiches and even got the girls a six inch one to share and went home. Once we were home we went downstairs and pitched the tent. Then we ate our dinner in the tent. Tia was really hesitant at first, she didn't know what to think of that tent, but now she loves it. We had a great time with out tent picnic and we had drinks and chips and it was just great.

Kylee and Gaupo setting up the tent. Kylee thought her pjs were fancy enough.

Tia, Gaupo and Kylee eating.
Gaupo thinks if I picture him I need one too. So here's me chowing down with the girls.
Tia. She loved her sandwich and being able to walk around and eat.
Kylee. She was not as fond of her sandwich, but loved the tent.
With a tent up you have to do more than just one party. So, last night we had FHE in the tent. We turned off all the lights and turned on our battery opperated latern and told the girls some family history stories. Gaupo had me read/tell the logging accident story of Mariner Wood Merrill. I shared a story about when my great -grandpa went camping on summer, and when then got flat tires on a road trip. Then we finished family home evening off with Teddy Grahams for dessert. We both thought it would be fun to have somores but it we didn't have marshmellows, so we just stuck with the Teddy Grahams.

I know these blurbs are crazy cool, but we sure had fun. I love watching my little ones' eyes light up when we do stuff like this. They think it so cool. Plus, I think its cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment