Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Just an Update

It seems like FOREVER since I last wrote, but honestly it didn't really seem like there was much to write about. We have just been doing normal stuff. Plus, its rainy and we have been sick. I am so ready for warm sunshine, and to be rid of sickness for a bit. I swear it feels like we have about 1 week of being well before we are sick again. Despite the sickness and the rain my kids are still growing and we have had some fun moments so here is an update.

We will start with Kylee because she is the oldest. She is so funny. She can talk your ear off if you will listen and even sometimes if you are not. She loves her books still. She has now completed 2 sessions of swim lessons and the only thing keeping her in Turtles is that she will not walk across the shallow end by herself. She is either on the wall or has a death grip on your hand. However, she will put her eyes in the water and loves to show you her 'tricks.' We have signed her up for another session and she is really excited for it to start. This little girl of mine loves to wake up early, like super early. So, this last week I put a clock in their room with some hands taped pointing to 7:00 and said if the hands don't match you are up to early, go back to bed. Its worked pretty well. I wont complain, because we haven't heard them till about 6:30ish. It could be the clock or it could be we tin foiled the window too. Either way she is sleeping a little more. Although, her naptime is still more often than not 45 min to and hour nap and then another hour of playing. Kylee loves the park, riding bikes, playing outside, and not doing things alone. I am really grateful for Tia because sometimes they will play together which means I can go get some things done super fast. Other than that Kylee is Kylee and we wouldn't trade her for anything. She makes us laugh, keeps us doing what we are suppose to, and loves us despite our faults.

Kylee sacked out after one of my runs. She had been up at like 5 that morning. Tia was running around having a blast while Kylee slept. Tia's favorite toy Kylee's bike.

Tia is so busy. She doesn't like to be still ever. Although she has recently taken a liking to doing puzzles so I can usually get her to sit still and do one puzzle before she runs off to do something else. Tia doesn't usually walk, she kind of canters. Its not a full fledged run, but probably only because she hasn't figured out how to move that fast yet. She loves climbing. She has mastered just about everything we have to climb on except the bed. She has learned where the sharp knives are and how to move a stool over to them so she can blindly stick her fingers in there. She has been to Nursery a couple of times and loved it. She loves going barefoot, playing outside, copying Kylee, climbing, finding all things not meant for her, and playing. She is so happy. Her happy face is so happy and I love her laugh. This little girl just lights up a room when she is happy. Tia definitely likes things full throttle, and even though it sometimes drives me bonkers I wouldn't have it any other way. She keeps this family moving and thinking. We love this little mover. She recently learned how to do this trick, so now I have to watch out for shirts that are super stretchy or too big.




I guess I really should have started with Gaupo and I, but... Anyway, Gaupo is doing good. He got called as the 1st councilor in the Elders Quorum on Sunday. He still loves his job at the Library. It gives him a really good balance between challenges, projects, and maintenance.  He has built a plane and a helicopter with his new kenex set. He loves playing with girls, cooking outside, and spoiling me. We are so lucky to have this wonderful guy as our dad and husband.

As for me, I am being a mom. I chase kids around, have dance parties, try to keep my house clean, and try to keep my family going. I have recently started doing a little side work. Its between 3-5 hours a week, helping to manage a couple of Adword Campaigns. Its been good so far, I just have to get use to the idea of having responsibility besides my kids again. I am still in Nursery and I think its going good. I still enjoy running, although the classes I see going on while I am running are starting to look more and more tempting. I love watching my kids develop into themselves. There are times they make me pull my hair out. Like when they have been whining all day. Or when they don't listen to me. Or when they are just crazy. But I love them and sometimes I am grateful for our bad days, because then when we have good ones they are that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment