Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Memorial Day

I love Memorial Day because it represents so many things: the start of summer, fallen heroes, patriotism, the start of America holidays, and of course outdoor cooking. I love all of those things. I am so grateful for those who have defended and still defend my freedoms today. I am grateful to live in America.

This year we had a blast celebrating Memorial Day. We started out the morning kind of late. Then Gaupo made us breakfast on the griddle. We had pancakes, hashbrowns, and bacon. It was so good. After we got done eating and cleaning up, we went to the new family fun center here called Dizzy. We had a coupon for a buy one get one free kiddie land pass. The girls had a lot of fun. I thought that Tia would love it and that Kylee would be a little gun shy, but it was quite the opposite. Kylee loved climbing, sliding, jumping, and exploring. Tia did all that but only after lots of coaxing. She preferred to be pushed in a little car. Although, she did love the very top of the big climbing area. I think because it was bright and she could see everything around her. Either way we had a lot of fun there.

Kylee jumping on the tramp. Tia looks like she is going on, but is probably coming off.
Kylee on a motorcycle. Hopefully we don't get on one any more real than this.
Tia and Kylee in the cars. Tia loved the car Kylee's in and when Kylee didn't have it she wanted it.
This kind of shows Tia's hesitation with the side into the ball pit.
Kylee lounging in the balls. She LOVED these ball pits.
The three of us at the bottom of the big slide.
Kylee climbing up this huge blow-up slide.
Coming down.
Tia and Kylee climbing.
Tia and Kylee at the top.
Tia looking off. She was so happy up there.
After we got the girls all worn out there we came home and had lunch. Then we took naps. Kylee woke up way to soon, but I wasn't tired and I was bored so I let her come down and we went for a walk. We walked to the swings behind the high school and swung and swung and swung until Guapo called saying Tia was awake. It was really fun to spend some one-on-one time with her. When we got home I got both girls and took them to the park so that Gaupo could mow the lawn. When he got done we came home and let the girls water the plants. Then we fired up the grill. We were going to have a wiener roast, but it was just too windy. After our delicious grilled hot dogs, hamburgers, and brat we made somores. The girls and I loved them and even Gaupo enjoyed them. It was so funny to watch the two girls eat theirs. Kylee kept complaining because she was getting sticky and Tia just went for it and made a HUGE mess and loved every minute of it.

Kylee very carefully taking a bite.
Tia loving the sticky.
For FHE that night we watch about half of Frozen. Kylee had already watched half earlier in the week when everyone else was sleeping. I had her crawl up in bed with me and she watched some while I slept. Anyway, Kylee asked "Why are we watching a movie for Family Home Evening?" Gaupo's response was, "Because Mom breaks all the rules on holidays." It's kind of true, but that is one reason why holidays are fun, because they are different than every other day of the year. Once the girls were in bed Gaupo and I pulled out the Farming Game. It was a really good game, we both had successful large farms.

It was a really fun day we had a lot of fun being together and not being rushed. I love that when Kylee says that we need to spend time together, and it is after her bedtime or when she is suppose to be taking a nap I can honestly say, "Honey, we have spent time together. I love you, but you need to get some sleep. Then we can have fun spending time together." I love my kids they are so full of spunk and fun. These two girls laughs, smiles, and personalities make me the luckiest mom in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment