Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Annoying--this is a rant.

For me this is a rant, but honestly if I was reading or hearing this about someone else I would probably laugh. Not to be mean, but because I know it happens and it is funny when they are not your kids and you are not the one losing your mind.

Usually my post are full of how much I love my kids, how awesome they are, and the wonderful adventures we have together. However, this time is a little different, just to throw a reality check into my family history. My kids are great, but lets face it even great people have bad times.

I swear the last week the whining, screaming, tantrums, and not listening to me have exponentially increased. I mean they wake up in the morning and are happy and play great. Then I go into to get them and have to dash Tia's hopes of running around like a crazy by changing her diaper. Then the moment I tell Kylee no to something she starts pouting. It just starts off our day so wonderful. Finally, we head out the door for a run and it goes pretty well. I mean sometimes they start touching each other and then someone gets annoyed, but for the most part it goes well. But as soon as we get home, I get them out and they want to ride bike. Sometimes I will let them, but sometimes not and then we throw a fit about that. Then we go in for breakfast and I am immediately pestered by can you read me a book, I want gummies, Can I have music, etc. I really want to say "Can't you see I just ran over three miles. Can I have just like one minute to cool down?" Then usually as I am making breakfast Tia starts climbing and getting into everything. I am amazed at that child's ability to find the things that she is not suppose to play with. I am also amazed at how fast she can go from one task to another. She can climb up onto the table for my phone, climb up the stool for crayons, keys, office stuff, and into the bathroom for a Kleenex or a wad of toilet paper in I swear about a minute. She moves so fast. It's like she plans what she is going to do once she gets in trouble for what she is doing right then. Once we finally get breakfast, most times it goes OK.

After breakfast, Kylee always wants me to take a shower while I watch a show. However, this week I have been trying to get our house back to clean, so we have chores we need to do. Honestly you would think I ignore these guys all the time because they just whine about it. Then we get started with cleaning the bathrooms and they do pretty good helping me out and staying out of trouble. Then one of the two girls will touch the door. So they start playing with it which usually involves it being slammed shut and one or the other crying because they can't get it open. Once they are done with that then Tia wants to touch everything I have cleaner on, because I am not quite ready for her to clean the toilet. I finally get to that point and of course the independent soul wants to do it herself. So she screams every time I try to help her make sure its all scrubbed, or tell her to wait for the tank to fill before she flushes it again. Then in the 30 seconds I let her do it alone she tries to stick her hand in the bowl and fling quite a bit of water out and on the floor. Sometimes, I wonder why I even bother to teach my kids to clean. Kylee during this time is trying to help Tia which is not helpful, because she is just doing all the fun parts like trying to flush the toilet too. We finally get done with that and Kylee does her job of the mirrors. She of course also wants no help or direction. When we are done with that I have to finish and there is more doing stuff your not suppose to, but we survive and it gets done. Plus the girls are pleased as punch when they get their treat for 'helping.'

If whining was it that might be okay, but Kylee has also taken up begging again. So. she will ask for something and I will say something like " Just a minute." Then she will immediately ask again, and again, and again. Then when I get after her she throws a fit. AGHHHH!!

Tia has taken up screaming when she doesn't like something. This is so annoying though it is useful for when Kylee is being to rough, but also annoying. It happens every time she is told no, has to do something she doesn't want too, when Kylee annoys her, or just for fun. Yes, her and Kylee have taken up screaming at each other. They just look at each other and one screams and then the other and they take turns until I make them stop. I usually let them scream all they want outside because if they do it inside it is just too loud.

Finally, I have recently felt like I talk to walls. My kids seriously don't seem to want to do a thing I say. I will say "Pick up the books," and they just sit there. Or if I tell them to get shoes on or something else they just keep going about their normal business as if I hadn't even spoken to them. This gets really bad when Tia doesn't listen to stop going down the driveway so she goes into the road, or when she runs away from me at the pool time after time and doesn't come back. OH MAN, it is so annoying.

Okay, sorry for the rant, but that was what was on my mind tonight because it was really bad tonight. I do have great kids and luckily days and weeks like this don't happen all the time, but man it is sure rough when they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment