Tuesday, June 2, 2015

What We Are Up To

Our life is not full of crazy one of a kind events right now, but we are living and enjoying it. Since we have not been sick this week and the weather has turned summer we have spent a lot of time outside. I have gone running or biking with the girls almost every weekday. It is so nice to be outside. It is getting a little warm, but man it is just so nice to breathe outside air, have a little peace, and do it together. We have also been to the park every day at least once. The girls are loving playing at the "kids park." That is the school playground right by our house. I wont let them play on it when school is in, so now is our chance and they LOVE it.

Now that it is June Gaupo's work has started their bike competition. The different groups in the city log their bike miles and they keep track for the whole month. Then at the end the group with the most points wins. Gaupo really takes this to heart and really tries hard to bike everyday. So, this morning we biked together. We went on a beautiful and kind of long ride. Gaupo pulled the kids, so I am not sure he enjoyed it as much as me, but it was still nice. I love that Gaupo's work gets him to try and be healthier.

Also with summer in swing, we are still doing swim lessons. All of Kylee's level was full except the classes that were everyday, so that is what we took. It has been both good and bad. It is good, because I don't feel like she regresses between classes, but it is really often and sometimes I think she would just like to play. However, Kylee is doing well. She can now walk around in the pool without holding on to anybody or anything. She will do back floats and front floats with help. She can blow bubbles and put her eyes in the water. She still doesn't stay under for very long, but this is still a big step. Overall, I like swimming lessons. It provides a great opportunity for Kylee to learn to do things that she doesn't necessarily want to do, but I don't have to be the one telling her to do it. I think it is good for her to have to listen to someone else.

With the great weather, we have been enjoying just playing outside. Kylee will ride her tricycle around and around. Tia will ride hers for a bit and then move on to something else. Tia loves to play with the umbrella stroller, bike helmets, the basketball, and Kylee's bike. She also enjoys dumping out the sidewalk chalk, and running the loop that Kylee bikes. When we aren't in the front yard doing the above things we play "house" in the backyard. This involves me and Kylee taking turn ringing each others doorbells and delivering stuff. Sometimes we go inside each others houses to eat or make something. We also tell stories around the "fire." Watering the garden, building rock piles, and throwing balls are also activities we enjoy.

When we aren't doing the things above we are eating, sleeping, reading books, doing puzzles, and playing in the basement. Sometimes we will watch an episode, but that pretty much only happens when I am taking a shower. We also visit the Library on occasion.

I love being a mom. Sometimes I wish I could a have a break for just a little bit, but man I love it. I love that we get to make memories everyday together. That we get to see the world without having to hurry all the time. I love that we get to play and grow together. Family really is about time and making the best of the time you have together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment