Friday, February 19, 2016

Friday? Saturday? I Don't Know What Day

As we were coming home from our night on the town, Gaupo asked, "Does it feel like Friday to you." At first I said "No, it feels like Saturday." Then I said, "I guess it feels Friday, or maybe not. I don't know what day it feels like." Today has been a good  day. We got a lot of things done and listened to a very good, but still waste of time presentation for a whole house water purifier. Oh my lanta, it was so long. I do think they probably have a good product but man the presentation took FOREVER! The reason we did it was for an Amazon gift card, but I am kind of wondering about the sanity of that decision. Oh well, water under the bridge. Also, maybe that very thing is what led us to the wonderful family togetherness adventure of tonight.

Before our water presentation started Gaupo gave the girls the choice of going rock climbing or ice skating. Kylee and Tia both chose to go rock climbing. We told them after they tested our water then we would go. Well as I mentioned the presentation took FOREVER! However, we decided not to back out. So we headed out. On the way we entertained ourselves with some of our favorite songs. Monkey's Jumping on the Bed, and Monkey's Swinging in the Tree. When we got to the rec center the line for rock climbing was of course very long, but Kylee was determined that this is what she wanted to do. Well after waiting for a while Gaupo went up and asked the guy if our girls could just climb without harnesses (bouldering). He said yeah, so we cut up to the front and gave them a try. Tia wasn't as interested, although she is always the one who wants to do it when it is closed. Oh well, Kylee LOVED it. She climbed and climbed and climbed. Then she asked if I was going to, but I said I didn't think I could do it without a harness. So, I asked the guy in charge and he said that I could do that or I could get a harness and he would belay me. I asked "Ummm isn't there a line?" He said, "Oh, they are all part of a group they have to go one at a time." Well, I was exited because I had resigned myself to the fact that it was a kids climbing night, but it wasn't. Hahahaha. I got to climb. It is true I have never climbed outside although I think it would be fun, but I do love indoor climbing. There is just something about that pulling, pushing, and reaching your destination that is just awesome. So, after I climbed we let Kylee climb once more. Then we let Tia ride the elevator and went to get some food.

Kylee said she would like a hamburger, so we went to Wendy's. Oh how I wish eating out wasn't bad for you because it really does taste good. The girls love eating "fancy." Kylee even wanted to tell the person what she wanted, so she ordered her own food. I did have to clarify a little, but she did speak nice and clear. Both girls ate really well.

Guapo and Kylee. These two are soooo related.
Tia and Me. Yeah we are cute.
After dinner we headed home and got the girls to bed. Gaupo is doing homework and I am doing this. I know it probably doesn't sound like much of a night, but boy was it fun to be together. It was awesome to watch Kylee climb. It was fun to let Tia finally ride the elevator. It was great to eat out together and not have too bad of manners. It was fun to drink fancy drinks and sit in a booth together. I have pretty much determined that fun is made by the people having it. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. I think my family is the best and I am so glad we can have fun and enjoy being together.

Here is all of us on V-Day. We all matched. You can't really tell from the picture, but we did. It was super fun to be all matchy-matchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment