Thursday, February 11, 2016

Murphy's Law and Thursdays as of Late

I know my usual update day is Tuesday, but I was reading the last book in the series I have been reading and so I didn't. The sad thing is I didn't even finish that night. For some reason, that book took me a long time to finish. I must have been reading every word or something, because it took me almost 11ish hours to finish. Oh well, it is done and now I am onto life again.

Murphy's Law Day
Truly I don't know exactly what Murphy's Law states, but I term it to me if it can go wrong it will go wrong. Tuesday was a day that was filled with that kind of thing. Let me tell you about it.

1st: I stayed up kind of late with my book the night before. Nothing super late or crazy, but still a little late. Gaupo didn't have to go to work until noon, and my kids didn't really get to much sleep the day before is should have equaled a great day to sleep in. NOPE, my kids were up early and raring to go. Then we did a workout and wouldn't you know it instead of being able to blast through it we had to make quite a few stops because Tia kept getting into the bathroom or having to use it. Then we tried to make a breakfast that would be simple and quick to eat, so that we could get to swim lessons. NOPE. Kylee ate so slow. It is not that she is a truly slow eater she just usually does so much talking that it slows her down a bit. That was the case with this day. Finally she finished her breakfast, so we could get ready go. We were lucky enough to get to swim lessons on time. Tia goes to babysitting while Kylee has lessons, and wouldn't you know it she didn't want to go. It still tears at my mother heart strings when my kids cry when I leave. I just want to say "oh, its okay come with me I don't want to be away from you anyway." However, common sense steps in and says, "you take her to the pool and you will be forever trying to keep her out of the water which will cause screaming, wailing, and all other kinds of horrible scene making things. She will be fine. Just go." I listen to my brain in these cases because well its right it really would  be pretty bad. So after swimming we go home. On the way home Tia falls asleep and I decided to let her sleep, so she ends up getting like a 30 min power nap. I was hoping that sleeping would help her take a better nap, but I was so wrong. Tuesday was the day Tia learned to open doors. So, I got her all tucked down for nap, but because of the nap earlier, so not tired and she kept coming out. I tried to get to stay in: I warned her, I sat outside the door, I sat inside the door. Finally, I pulled out the big guns. I changed the handle around and locked the door. I know it sounds terrible, but I didn't know what else to do. Anyway, she did end up taking a good nap and so did Kylee. Then I tried to make dinner, so that there would be something everyone liked and wouldn't you know it they didn't. I don't know why they didn't but they just didn't like it. After dinner we did get to the pool again, and we did have a good time. When we got home to do baths it was suppose to be quick, but the girls kept splashing and stuff so though the baths were short the clean-up not so much. Finally they were in bed and did go to sleep and I got a shower. Then I tried to finish my book, so that I could start being into life again, but wouldn't you know it I didn't even get close. Oh well, good thing there was Wednesday. I write this not to complain because really the day was good and I enjoyed watching Tia sleep during her power nap, and it was nice to get things done. I enjoyed reading my book and going swimming. Dinner for us adults was okay. So, it was a really good day, but I was just amazed at how it seemed so like a Murphy's Law day.

Thursday's as of Late
Normally I try to keep my life as unscheduled as possible. That is my way of guaranteeing to myself I wont be late, or stressed. True it doesn't usually work like that, but I like being home and doing whatever it is I want to do, so the goal is to not over-schedule. Well sometimes it happens and as of late our Thursdays feel a little over-scheduled. Reading this you will probably think "that isn't even close to busy," or "just wait till they get older," or "wait till you have more kids." Well for me none of those things are pertaining to my life right now and so it feels busy and we can always get more busy true, but that is not my goal. So, here is what our Thursdays as of late look like.

6:30- Alarm goes off. I always want to sleep longer, so after about five minutes I get up pray and read my scriptures. My goal: get this done before I hear the kids wake-up. Then I am suppose to go get ready, but usually I crawl back into bed for just another 5 minutes. Then I get up and get ready.

7:15ish- go get the girls. Or more lately find out where they are and assess the damages. They are most of the time dressed and generally speaking their beds are made too. So, then I have to undress Tia so I can put her eczema cream on. Then we do hair and then we put on Tia's lotion and then get dressed and go downstairs. Then I quickly get breakfast made.

7:45ish- have scriptures and prayers.

8:00ish-have breakfast.

8:35-rush to get my swimsuit on. Throw the last minute things into the backpack. Take last minute potty trips and head to the Rec Center.

8:50-Get to the Rec Center and check -in. Take Kylee to babysitting while Tia and I go get ready for swim lessons.

8:55 to 9:25- swim lessons. I was hoping that someone would teach Tia to swim, but I don't think that is going to happen unless I want to fork out a lot of money. So, we will finish this session, but then I think I will try and teach Tia myself.

9:25 to 9:40-Tia and I play in the pool together. We do (for the most part) whatever Tia wants. It is actually kind of fun to have this one on one time with her.

9:40 to 9:55- Get Tia showered, dressed and checked into babysitting. While checking Tia in I pickup Kylee. Then we go get her ready to go to swim lessons.

10:05-Kylee's swim lessons start and I head to the lap pool. I swim 4 laps of each of breath stoke, back stroke, free-style, and what I call chicken-star-rocket. I also through in some extra free-style laps as I am kind of trying to prepare for the Triathlon in May.

10:25-I am usually done swimming by this time and go and watch the last 10 minutes of Kylee's swim lessons.

10:35- Kylee's lessons are over. I usually get into the pool again and we practice floating on our back while holding onto the barbell. If I can convince her to kick while doing it great. Then we do whatever Kylee wants to do.

10:50-We hit the showers. Kylee and I get showered dressed.

11:10-We get Tia from babysitting. (Just as a side note today she had an accident on one of the babysitters laps. The other babysitter in there was laughing as she told me about it. I feel bad because that hasn't happened in a long time, but oh well. I was also informed they left her alone in the bathroom and when they went back in she was flushing the toilet with her hand in it! Gross I know, but it isn't just them she tries that all the time at home. Totally gross, but it must feel cool or something. I don't know.)

11:25- HOME!! Glorious HOME! It always feel so good to finally get back home. We play for a little bit. I clean-up the last of the breakfast dishes and do a couple other things then play with my kids.

12:00-Lunch. We are all so famished from swimming that this is the best lunch period of the week. No complains, not my bribery needed we just eat and drink and it is wonderful.

12:50-Pickup toys and get ready for naps.

1:00-Tia down for a nap.

1:07-Read Kylee a chapter in her chapter book. (We are currently reading books from the Magic Tree House Series.)

1:15- Kylee down for a nap, and mom time begins.

I usually take a nap too because that crazy morning kind of wears me out and I hate being grouchy and feeling tired.

Those are the updates I felt like posting. Probably not crazy exciting to you, but hey its our life and its what we do.

2 comments:

  1. You aren't the only parent who has turned the doorknob around and locked their child in...and then listened to them scream endlessly. Only now my child has gotten tall enough to reach the light switch and turns on the light when he's mad and still won't sleep. Hmm...maybe I'll have to resort to turning off the light by the pull-string

    ReplyDelete