Tuesday, October 4, 2016

First Day of No School

Last Friday was a day I have been needing and I didn't even know it. Kylee didn't have school. We didn't have swim lessons, visiting teaching, or anything like that. Like always I did have stuff I should do like finish cleaning, and do grocery shopping. However, I decided that unlike it use to be these days don't happen very often, so we were going to play.

We got up in the morning and sent Gaupo off to work. Then we had breakfast and got ready to go to the Rec Center. I took the girls to babysitting and was able to sneak into the pool for about 20 min. They started narrowing down the lanes to two lanes when I was finishing up, so it was perfect. After getting out of the pool, I went and got the girls from babysitting and we went swimming. It has been a long time coming, but Kylee loves swimming, and it is enjoyable to swim with her. Tia is actually kind of now the one who is a little bit more gun shy because Kylee wants to play in deeper water (3ft). However, as you know Tia she just does what she is good at and is super fun. Anyway, we had a great time in the water.

 Kylee worked on her front glide, front float, and even experimented with back glides and roll-overs. Since jumping in when Oma is here she is super confident in doing it now and will jump in over and over again. She sometimes even attempts to dive in which I always have to remind her is not allowed in the shallow end. She will even jump into the shallow end and get rings off the bottom. I can not believe the swimmer she is right now. It is true she still is at the Alligator Level, but she is nearer the top than she has ever been before.

Tia loved going down the slides and jumping in with us. She practiced her front and back floats when I asked her to. She also got rings off the bottom of the pool, but doesn't like to go as deep. Tia loves 'gliding' in the shallow water. Her newest trick is splashing big splashes. She loves it. She loves splashing and is pretty good at getting you if you are anywhere close. She is doing super good for only being 2.5 years old.

So, we had been swimming for almost an hour and we were getting close to done and I checked the slide sign and saw that they opened at 10:00AM. Well we waited for them to turn on and when they did, I took the girls down them. Now in order to do this I had to leave one kid at the bottom and go down. I lifeguards I doubt appreciated it very much which is why I only did it like 3 times with each kid, but I still got to do that. I was really nervous to because Tia has a tenancy to wander and the deep-end of the pool is right across from where the slides are. However, I told her you have to stay right here, you can't move. If you move I can not take you on the slides we will have to go home. She stayed put. I mean she didn't stand up or anything I was so proud of her. Both girls loved the slides  (for like the first time), and I really wish that I had had Kitt or Gaupo there because then we could have just gone and gone and gone like 50 times because the girls were loving it. Alas, we had to go, so that we could be home to have Tori and Trent come over, but it was so fun.

The rest of the day was kind of normal, but it was so fun to have a morning to just play. Like I said I didn't realize how much I needed that, but it made the whole day better it was seriously so awesome I really can't even describe how liberating it was to just play. I love watching my girls grow. I love that Kylee loves school. I love that Tia is learning to talk and we are able to get in home therapy for her right now. I am so loving that my kids love the water and learning to swim. I feel so blessed to be able to have them learn that skill. All that said, I really miss summer when every morning I got to wake-up and we just were able to play all morning long and then nap in the afternoon. I apparently need to play just as much if not more than my kids and it was so nice to do it.

I love living life. Everyday may not be my favorite, but I am so grateful for everyday because I learn I grow. I get to watch my husband and kids grow and change and learn. I am so blessed to be able to live in a place with four seasons, and as much as I hate the cold--I love watching the fall colors come out. I feel so totally blessed to be at home with my kids and being able to have a couple extra ones on loan for a few hours everyday. Life is meant to be shared and I am so glad to have a family to share it with--my little family of four and my bigger families of Merrills and Bryces and all the family that those come with. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment