Tuesday, May 30, 2017

What We Have Been Up To

It seems like every time someone asks me what happened in my life I reply, "I don't. Same stuff I guess." Then as the conversation moves or as I get to thinking about it I find that my actual response should be, "It has been amazingly awesome."

The end of spring being of summer is one of my favorite times of year because even after a mild winter you feel like you are coming out of hibernation. I mean the whole world comes out of it. This is the time of year when the grass is green, the flowers are alive, and people are happy to be outside. I just love it. I love it because being cooped up for the winter makes me do stuff that may seem a little overboard but at the moment seemed totally logical. Its awesome.

One of my great moments this last week was being able to attend the temple TWICE!! I usually only attended the temple once and this time I did it twice and it was awesome. The first time I went with the Relief Society sisters for our monthly meeting. It was kind of weird to go without Gaupo or any other family member, but at the same time it was nice to see my friends in the gospel too. Also because I went twice I did different things. I did a session and then on Friday when I went with Gaupo we did sealings for the first time in the Ft. Collins Temple. I loved both things. They were so perfect for different reasons. The session was really good and the time in the celestial room was so peaceful and so great. Sometimes it really is so hard to leave the temple. Then when I did sealings I loved hearing the covenants again. I loved holding Gaupo's hand. We even sat on the couples couch, so we got to sit right next to each other. It was so awesome. I also love when we get to seal families because I reflect on how grateful I am for my children and how my eternity will be far greater with them there. So, I love feeling like I am helping families achieve that togetherness. I just love it. I love the temple and the peace and protection that it provides from the world. I am always so amazed at how still and peaceful the temple feels.

Another great moment was when Gaupo took Kylee, Tia, and I swimming. The girls had such a great time showing their Dad all the things they can do. Tia has passed to the seal level, so she can now do back floats, front floats, and roll overs by herself and loved showing her dad that. Kylee loves to jump in and is great at gliding, rolling over, and swimming. She even conquered her fear of the deep-deep end (12ft) and jumped in it. I was so impressed. Tonight when we went swimming Kylee said, "This is the first time I'll say it. I love that deep water." I was so pleased with that comment. I am always amazed at how quickly my children pick up things and conquer challenges when they put there mind to and decided that, yes they can do it. I am so looking forward to this summer and swimming with them. I think they will have a great time at the pool. I am sure we will have some fear conquering moments still, but they are doing it and doing awesome.

 Yesterday was good weather and after the snow last week I decided we needed to get out. So, I piled Trent and Tori into the bike trailer and Kylee and Tia rode their bikes and we met up with Gaupo at what we call Rocky Mountain Park for a picnic and park fun. The crazy thing about it was letting the girls ride. The way to Rocky Mt. has a pretty steep hill down that if you don't stop you go into a pretty busy road. I was too chicken just to trust them. So, I went down and had them follow me that way they ran into me and not the road. However, they were complete champs and did it perfectly. I know it was crazy horrible to witness Tia's wipe-out a couple weeks ago,  but I think she learned a lot about it and so she is more cautious  now (that is a good thing.) I was also worried about going back because you know if you go down you have come back up, but the girls did great. I struggled a little because my pedal broke off. So, trying to pull a trailer with a good 50+ pounds in it with only a little bar to press on while going up a pretty steep grade is kind of challenging, but we all made it. The girls didn't even whine. They must be getting stronger or realizing that Mom still makes them ride even if they do, so its pointless. Either way they were champs and I was so impressed by their bike skills.

In other stuff, we went to a greenhouse here in town 'The Flower Bin' and got some veggie starts and looked at all the flowers and the fish pond.
The girls sitting at a cute place at the Flower Bin
Other exciting news, Kylee got her very own library card and checked out her first book. She is so excited. The requirement--write her first and last name. She practiced and practiced, so she got it.
Kylee with her card and first library book.

No comments:

Post a Comment