Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Blessings

Sometimes I wonder if I am really progressing. If I am doing what I should. Or any other host of thoughts, but then I have times when I know that even though I am not perfect the Lord loves me and understands me and blesses me with what I need.

Today was such a day. Today I got to go to the temple. It is so nice to go to the temple in the middle of the week because it is so calm. Also, you get a great break right in the middle of everything and that is awesome too. I got off a little late this morning (because I didn't get up and stay up), but I knew it would be okay because I had time and Gaupo could help in a pinch. However, I made great time to the temple and didn't really end up getting there any later than I had planned. I got to do inititories for seven sisters and then got to sit in the Celestial room. All in all I was in the temple for about and hour and it was so great.

Going to the temple is a great break and jump start, but it does take time and I had thing that I really needed to get done. They were simple things, but needed nonetheless. One of those was making bread. I got home and had just enough time to get the bread mixed up and put in pans to rise before I had to go get the girls from school. I got them picked up and home and then got the bread in the oven, Gaupo off to work, and the dishes done. While the bread baked the kids got to play and just enjoy and they did a pretty good job of it, so that was super nice too. Then we had lunch and naps. I took a little nap, but that was all I needed to get going again. I amazing thought of something to add to our leftovers, so that I didn't have to cook an all new dinner. Then we had dinner together.  Then I got that cleaned up and then we cleaned bathrooms. As we were finishing that up, I got a text from my friend Siri telling me the Rec Center was closed. That was amazing because we hadn't left yet and could still go to Sunset instead. So, we went swimming and had a great time. Came home, had baths, and then I cleaned my bathroom and took a shower. Then I sat down to blog and my parents called with some great plans that I can't tell you yet because I haven't talked to Gaupo about them, but I am so excited about the prospects. Then now I am blogging.

Alright,  to you this day may not seem like that big of a blessing, but it was. Everything I needed to do got done. I had to make bread and I had the perfect amount of time to do it, so we could have bread for lunch. I was able to figure out something for dinner. I know big deal, but it is I have a really hard time figuring out what to do on the fly that is small, quick, and that my kids will eat that isn't Mac and Cheese (we already had that this week). Then the text from Siri. It really came at the perfect time. I mean we were almost done cleaning, but not quite. I responded quick enough, so she could still meet up with us at the other pool. The pool didn't kick us out before 7:00 and my girls still got a reward for helping me with the bathrooms. It was perfect timing. Then to be able to clean a bathroom after going swimming is not something I usually have the energy for after a whole day, but this really was kind of my last chance before Kitt and Matthew came to get it done without Gaupo being home. I got it done it looks and feel amazing. I got a shower and the phone call from my parents. I can tell you they are coming for a visit and I am so excited about that.

Like I said, these weren't major blessings but they were blessing that spoke to me of  Heavenly Father's love and awareness of my needs and desires. I am always amazed when He blesses me in my simple mundane everyday things. It amazes me that this all powerful, all knowing God cares about cleaning, cooking, and fun. He cares about me enough to know exactly what blessings I need. I am so grateful for His love and His hand in the details of my life. I am a blessed, loved daughter of God.
Me at the temple today. Pardon the squinty face it was so bright outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment