Thursday, October 19, 2017

A Little Blurb

I don't have a lot of time to write this post because quiet time is almost over, but I decided instead of wast time on Facebook maybe I would try to write something about what I do and I why I am not blogging as regularly.

Mostly the reason I don't blog is because now that school is back in and we have fallen into a rhythm I don't feel like we do a whole. We go to school, the kids come home, we eat, sleep, play, do swim lessons, eat and go to bed. On weekends we just kind of hangout. Okay, that last statement isn't really true we have done a lot of great stuff on weekends, and they have been really full. Like this past Saturday I canned applesauce. Yes, I finally did it. After enough complaining and procrastinating I got it done. It wasn't so bad making it and processing it, but wow clean-up took FOREVER, and I was already tired from canning it, then my house was a disaster because my kids had been neglected all day, and man there was just a lot of mess. However, with my family's help we got it all done before the Fiesta were they served us dinner. The girls helped clean up their toys and stuff and Gaupo helped me clean-up the garage. The garage needed cleaning because that is were we had to process the jars because it was so windy outside. Oh well, applesauce is done along with 20 pints of both pinto beans and black beans. I still have a few empty quart jars, but I now have more jars full than I every have before, so that is great. It feels really good to have full shelves, the canning stuff put away, and a somewhat clean house.

Although, I do need to give a shout-out to Gaupo. He has helped me out so much with things lately, and it has made a huge difference in my ability to do the other things that need doing. He cleaned my bathroom for me a week ago this past Tuesday. He scrubbed everything including the walls. It looked amazing. I was so grateful, it needed to be done, but because of how thing in the week were falling I wasn't going to be able to get to it and he had some time, so he served me and it was amazing. Then this last week with applesauce he not only cleaned the garage up, but he ran most of the apple through the processor which allowed me to the other canning processes, so even though making applesauce still took forever, it went a lot faster and better because he helped me. He has also been great about me taking a off a few times to help my friend Bethany with packing and cleaning her house. He is just I don't know, but I guess managing to pick-up a few of the things that I am not quite handling right now and it has been great. He is amazing at everything he can mange to do and help and do. I am so grateful for him and that he doesn't shy away from 'wifey' things, and doesn't get made when sometimes I do 'husband' things, we just help each other out and are who we are and it is so great. I feel so blessed to have Gaupo here with me and be working at life together.

Well I know that isn't much of an update, but I told you it would be short. The kids are awaking and I need to get some beans in the pot for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment