Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Morning with Kitt

Once upon a time, I had a sister named Kitt and she lived only about an hour away from me. However, she met the man of her dreams and moved to Utah, and they are living happily ever after. Meanwhile back here in Colorado, we are learning to live all alone again :) Just kidding, not just kidding. As in yes, we are learning how to live all alone again, but we have had some great visits from Grandparents that I totally need to blog about, and we are busy, but we still miss our Aunt Kitt.

Consequently, when she told me she needed to come to Denver for work I expressed a great desire to see her. I told her I was willing to pick her up and take her to her in-laws house if needed. Well, lucky for me she decided to come visit me late Thursday night. She got there around 9:30 and we were finishing National Treasure, so she watched that with us and then we visited till about 11:00/11:30. It was fun to just chat, but we were all tired, so we went to bed.

Friday, we had cancelled everything, so we could play with Kitt. That means I cancelled speech and Kylee chose not to go to school. It was awesome. We had a good breakfast of muffins and eggs. Then we went to the pool and swam there. The girls loved showing off for Aunt Kitt. We also saw some friends their, so that was fun but I am not sure if I paid enough attention to Kitt. I think I did okay, but I sometimes have a hard time ignoring kids who think I am awesome, and who I have kind of made a I want you to like me investment in. Anyway, I really think it was good, and the girls love the lazy river and Tia got to go on the slides, so it was great. After swimming, we got changed and quickly went the museum.  We had to hurry, so we didn't get to see everything, but it was still really fun.

We got home in time to welcome Trent and Tori for the day. I let the kids play while I made Kitt and I some crazy good nachos. Kitt brought some meat and avocado from a dinner she had with her team earlier in the week. So, I used that and our beans, some chips, cheese, and sour cream and we shared it while the kids played. I really tried to sit down and visit and not get up 1000 times while we had our lunch and I think I succeed. At least I feel like I did mainly because I actually felt I got some one on one time with Kitt. After we finished we had to hurry and get her out the door so she could catch her plane. It was a super short visit, but it was so good to see her. I really do hope her and Matthew move back here. It would be so fun to have them close. It sounds super silly, but there really is great peace in knowing you have family just down the road and it is super cool to see them often even if that often is only every other month, but most times at least once a month. Who knows what it will be like when/if they move back, but I am excited about it nonetheless. 

1 comment:

  1. I can’t believe I am just barely reading this, you’re so kind! I love visiting and I am excited to come back too!

    ReplyDelete