Sunday, April 8, 2018

General Conference

Last Saturday and Sunday were General Conference and I don't know for sure, but for me for sure I heard that we should write down the feelings we felt during that conference. So, obviously I am a little late, but I am getting it done.

The first thing that happened this General Conference was a Solemn Assembly. As the this event was getting ready to begin and I knew we would be sustaining Pres. Russel M. Nelson as the prophet I felt a slight burning in my chest. Now, seriously when I felt this I thought it was little a heartburn or something. And, I didn't think much of it, and the Solemn Assembly progressed and I stood both with the sisters of the Relief Society and then the full church membership and sustained the quorum of twelve and the new prophet. But I was really surprised that I didn't feel anything during it. It wasn't until Sunday afternoon that I realized that 'heartburn' before the solemn assembly started was the Spirit confirming to me that what was happening after that was right and true. I honestly can't believe I didn't recognize it at first, but its true. I haven't had the Spirit speak to me like that since I was probably about 8 or 9. Like when I very, very first prayed to know if the Book of Mormon were true. I have had many other promptings, feelings, and experiences with Spirit since then, but not in the same way. To be honest, I kind of wonder why the feeling was the way it was. It isn't like this is the first time I have sustained a new prophet. But it doesn't really matter. What matters is that the Spirit spoke to me that Pres. Russel M. Nelson is who the Lord wants for the prophet of the His church at this time.

Another moment of conference that I want to record is that of when Pres. Nelson announced the discontinuing of home and visiting teaching and introduced Ministering. So, as Pres. Nelson arose to speak, once again my heart burned within me. Again, I was kind of like what is that, but this time I actually recognized it for what it was. Then because I recognized it, I was so excited for what was going to come. I am so excited for these changes. Mainly, I love that the Young Women ages 14-18 will be included in ministering. Although, this will be kind of crazy and weird, it will be GREAT! Both the YW and the Relief Society Sisters need this change. We need it to become united together. To challenge and hopefully close the gap between YW and RS. I seriously hope it will allow the RS to get to know the YW and the YW to get to know the RS. Additionally, it will a unique set of talents to be used. Ministering is so broad and thus, it truly allow the opportunity for YW to be a part instead of just listening to women gab.  I truly feel like YW have a lot to contribute if we will let them. I am still don't know how it will all work. Like how it will be to work with YW or how they will be able to minister or if the RS will be flexible enough to figure out how to make it work and to let YW serve. It should be interesting and even though I don't know all the answers, this I do know. I know that this is what the Lord wants in His church. He wants His daughters to work together to serve each other. He wants them to be unified in their efforts. He wants them to truly look after the one.

This conference was full of wonderful things. I believe the Lord is hastening his work and it will move forward. We need to be ready and willing to get on and help Him with it. I testify that the Spirit speaks to us. Sometimes we don't understand or recognize the Spirit at first, but we need to learn to feel it and listen to it because among all of the things the Spirit can do, his main job is to testify, and He will testify of truth, of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, and of Their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment