Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Main Man Is 32

Gaupo turned 32 on Saturday and we have been celebrating since last Thursday. It all started because Gaupo's co-workers found out his birthday was coming on Saturday. Since he was off on Friday, and they don't work Saturday they surprised him on Thursday. They ballooned his office. He probably had at least 30 balloons hanging from the ceiling. Gaupo told me that apparently they had tried to put them all over the floor too, but his floor is too full of poky thing that they just kept popping, so they went for the ceiling instead. They also covered his office with post-it notes that everyone had written. Then they saran wrapped his desk, chair and phone. It was pretty great. To top it all off these great people also provided two cakes for him. This was probably my favorite thing. Gaupo never wants anyone to know its his birthday, so I have complied and not told anyone and we just make a big deal around here about it. But, this year someone found out and got him. It is so awesome. I don't think he has anything to be ashamed of since for the past 3 years he has escaped detection of ever having a birthday. It was fun to join his work for cake, and to visit with him and everyone else at work on that fun day. The girls thought it was pretty great too when I took them to work and showed them at the end of the day.
A glimpse of his office.
His two cakes.
Friday we didn't celebrate a whole lot. Gaupo was stuck home watching kids all day. I took Kylee to the eye doctor and then Tia to speech. After speech Tia and I stayed in Boulder so we could go to her field trip.
Tia and I at the park waiting for her field trip.
Tia plant her pea to take home.
Tia 'helping' with the garden work.
So, we didn't get back until about three. Gaupo was home with Kylee since about 9:30 and then he had Tori and Trent too from about 12:00 on. He was a real trooper to take that on especially when I come back home totally tired as well. However, I did get his crockpot cake made and we had his birthday dinner of Navajo Tacos. They were so good. The cake was good and we had a fun time having Jensen and Calvin over for a couple hours that night too. Gaupo was so amazing to help me babysit those kids as well.
Kylee, Gaupo, and Tia with the cake.
Me, Kylee, Gaupo, and Tia. photo credit: Jensen
Tia and Kylee with some of Gauo's many balloons.
Saturday Gaupo had to work. However, he didn't have to go in until about 8:30, so we made him chocolate milk and sausage for breakfast. Then sent him off while the rest of us had sausage and pancakes. I watch Trent and Tori that morning as well while their parents went to the temple. So, the four kids made Gaupo a birthday sign and got everything ready for a party we never really had. After getting some things done at home I took the kids to the park where their parents came and got them.
Tia and Trent with buried feet.

Then we went home and had a light-ish lunch and helped Gaupo a bit with his homework. Then we took naps while he worked. Once the kids woke up, I took them shopping for birthday presents. We got him a model bike he needs to build and a styrofoam airplane he can fly with the kids. The girls were so please to buy their presents for him and I think he really liked them.
Tia, Gaupo, and Kylee before opening presents.
Gaupo building the airplane with two very attentive girls.
While we shopped for gifts I ran a few other errands and then got home in time to quickly get ready for our date! Yes, isn't it great we went on a real date. Our original plan was to have our favorite babysitter come so we could pay her, but she couldn't so Bethany (Jensen's mom) watched them for us. The girls had a blast. Bethany was at her mom and dad's house so we took the girls there and they had a great time riding bikes and playing. Gaupo and I had a great time too. I think we actually successfully did not talk about kids or our problems but instead just talked about us and stuff, it was amazing. We went to Red Lobster which is Gaupo's favorite place and I have actually found I really like their coconut shrimp and this time I tried another kind of shrimp and it was good too. So, lucky for this picky fish eater there is something I like there. They gave Gaupo some ice cream for his birthday, so we enjoyed that too and then went and got the girls. It was a really enjoyable evening. It has been a long time since we went on a 'real' date and it was amazing how enjoyable it was. I think Gaupo felt loved and celebrated, so another good birthday in the books for him.
Gaupo and his birthday dinner date.
I feel so blessed to be Gaupo's wife. He tries so hard to do what is right and to do what he needs to for his family, work, and the church. School has kept him pretty busy, although, this last semester up until the end here has been awesome. I am so proud of all his hard work. He has really grown as he has challenged himself in his classes, and learned new things. He works really hard to provide for his family. He tries to help as much as he can with anything he can at work. He loves the people he works with and his co-workers love him. I love that he loves what he does even when he has hard days or weeks. Watching Gaupo serve as ward mission leader is a wonderful opportunity. I am impressed by the love and care he has for his missionaries and the people they teach. It has been fun to watch him share in the work. I love watching Gaupo be a Dad. He is a great Dad. He loves Kylee, and Tia so much. Sometimes he loves them so much it is really hard for him to let them learn 'the hard way.' However, he tries. I love that about him. He is always trying to do better and to be better. He isn't perfect, but I am no where close, so luckily for me we try together. He loves his girls and loves doing things with them.

Finally, like I said above I am so blessed to be his wife. I love that he helps me raise our kids. He is so supportive of me in my callings, work, motherly things, temple attendance, and so much more. I love spending time with him, watching him care for our girls, but also my sisters. I have gotten so much joy out watching him care so much about Kitt and Klaire and what is going on with them. I being with Gaupo and working at this family and marriage thing together. He is so kind and patient and I am so grateful for that because I don't know what I would do with out him. He means so much to me, so I feel so lucky that he took a chance on asking me out. Then asking me to marry him, and finally actually marrying me and sticking with it through all the ups and downs. He is the BEST!




No comments:

Post a Comment